Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Results 101 to 108 of 108
    1. #101
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      288
      I LOVE this Car! Beautifully Done!!!!

    2. #102
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      137
      Country Flag: United States
      Since returning form SEMA Show, we've had the dash out of the car to send off wiper motor to get it rebuilt and waitng on a new wiper switch to come in. Also front belt drive system had a squeal due to stackup of tolarances so it was damn hard to figure out what the problem was there. Finally got everthing fixed and back together so we could corner weigh the car.

      Looks like Lydia is a WalMart Lady...

      Knew we had added a lot of weight to car part in due to all the glass work, C6 Power Seats, 150 lbs of insulation/sound deadener, Billy Boat C6 Fusion NPP exhaust, 6X auto transmission, A/C, etc.

      The weight added is around 350 lbs more and than similar C2 Restomod builds with Street Shop chassis used. Chassis spring weights were based on average range of 2800 -2950 lbs that most builds weighed in at and have 51%/49% front to rear weight distribution.

      By contrast Lydia weighed in at 3279 lbs with only 3 gallons of gas in tank.

      Good news is the right had side is a little heavier than left side and the Front to Rear weight distribution is within 0.5 % of being 50/50%.

      Bad news is she will have to be re-sprung to compensate for both the change in front to rear weight distribution and addition of around 400 lbs of weight and will need a bigger sway bar to help her in the corners.

      At least it didn't start out tail heavy like some of the aftermarket C2 chassis's. I would be in big trouble with car being way too tail heavy for a sports car that's not a drag race only car.

      LF = 800 Lbs
      RF= 826 Lbs

      Front Total = 1626 Lbs

      LR = 823 Lbs
      RR = 830 Lbs

      Rear Total = 1653 Lbs

      Total Weight = 3279 Lbs

      Left Side total = 1623 Lbs
      Right side total = 1656 Lbs


      Left Front/Right rear = 1630 Lbs

      Right Front/Left Rear = 1649 Lbs






      Shop weighed the 66 convertible that has the same chassis under it, because it was hard to believe how much weight had been added and how much of that weight was added to rear of car.

      Now the 66 at this time doesn't have exhaust system on it, convertible top has not been installed on it's frame and she has no fluids in engine yet, so she will probably weight in when finished around 75-100 lbs heavier and most of that weight will be to front end. Weight wise it should be right in line with the average Street Shop chassis Restomod build weight.


      LF = 759 Lbs
      RF = 703 Lbs

      Front Total = 1462 Lbs

      LR = 637 Lbs
      RR = 670 Lbs

      Rear Total = 1307 Lbs

      Total Weight = 2769 Lbs

      Left Side total = 1396 Lbs
      Right side total = 1373 Lbs


      Left Front/Right rear = 1429 Lbs

      Right Front/Left Rear = 1340 Lbs

    3. #103
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      ma.
      Posts
      386
      Country Flag: United States
      love it,awsome machine! the shop did great on the body.
      i know how hard it is ,I just finished a custom 67 for a customer I had to remove the front to rear line,flair fenders,3rd tail lights,c5 door handels..and paint it black.
      fell in love with the lines and Im selling my camaro and cobra to build my own.
      let us know how it drives and some picts of it in use.

    4. #104
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      137
      Country Flag: United States
      Some picture of car taken just before leaving for SEMA and at the show. Apologize or the quality of some of the pictures that I took due to low light conditions and fact that my hands shake faster than camera stabilization can overcome they are blurry.



















      Interior at SEMA, no center arm rest due to lack of time before show. Now has a center arm rest and carpet has been changed out to one in same color family as leater used.











      The young man with the glasses is who did all the bodywork.



      Some of you may recognize Jon Kosmoski, founder of House of Kolor in below picture. He stopped by to check out car on the way from his hotel to convention center on Monday (setup day) while we were waiting to be called to take car in. B-rod or Custom owner Larry Burchett is the other one in picture. Jon paid him and his son a hugh complement on the car's design, paint and bodywork. The picture below it should tell you why. Wide body C2 Vette in it was either in House of Color booth in 2010 or 2011.





      I just was barly got a quick shot of young lady taking pictures of car on her lunch break. Why I took it is because she was a Booth girl that took the time to take a look at car and thought enough of it to take pictures to show to her friends or family. She must be one of Barry's Car Crazy Ladies. You just got to love them...LOL


    5. #105
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      No. CA
      Posts
      34
      Great job on the car. Paint looks great. I have a few questions about your build and advise for a new build we have currently started. 67 convertible with SRIII chassis, C6 suspension.
      What seats did you use for your convertible build? Do you have any photos or links to your convertible build?
      What steering column and wheel did you use? Rack & Pinion setup?
      Center Console with armrest and cup holders?
      Why did you change from a 4L85e to a 6L90e ? We are considering both transmissions right now for our 650HP LSA engine. I located a few forums that you wrote regarding shifters for the 6L90e however, could not find any writings from you about comparing the transmissions in a C2 build. All things being equal, after Stage 3 upgrades to both tranny's, the 4L85e appears to be more durable, less expensive, and without tunnel modifications.

      Thank you for any insight and advise. Again, Great job on your C2's!

    6. #106
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      137
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by buck19 View Post
      Great job on the car. Paint looks great. I have a few questions about your build and advise for a new build we have currently started. 67 convertible with SRIII chassis, C6 suspension.
      What seats did you use for your convertible build?
      The seats in my 66 are 2008 C6 corvette seats, backs cut down and 67 headrests installed, and bottoms redone to look like 67. If I had to do over, I would have left the C6 seat bottoms along just upholstered them in pattern as 67.



      Do you have any photos or links to your convertible build?
      What steering column and wheel did you use? Rack & Pinion setup?
      Below is link to 66 build, that when I got so envolved in the 64 project I neglected to keep it updated. Flaming Rriver Steering column and Mustang rack.

      http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...peed-auto.html

      Center Console with armrest and cup holders?
      The center console was made by Steve Holcome Knoxville, TN who did the rest of the interior. The lid with the cup holders came from a console sold by Volunteer Vet in Knoxville, TN I supplied him. The lid may be from a 1998 Volvo model from some pictures I was shown by another Corvette Forum member.

      Why did you change from a 4L85e to a 6L90e ? We are considering both transmissions right now for our 650HP LSA engine. I located a few forums that you wrote regarding shifters for the 6L90e however, could not find any writings from you about comparing the transmissions in a C2 build. All things being equal, after Stage 3 upgrades to both tranny's, the 4L85e appears to be more durable, less expensive, and without tunnel modifications.
      First, the 66 vert has a 6L80E. As you will see in link to it's build above I started and finished build with it. 6L90E would have presented even more of a problem trying to fit it as it a little longer and you will need a short pan for it. Using a short pan to me means you will need a tank to supply more fluid so you don't get cavitation under hard acceleration starving the converter. I believe the SRIII frame hangs down more below the body than a stock frame or Street Shop. This may help with pan to ground clearance are at least provide some protection for pan on speed bumps. It was a lot of hassel just so I could say I have a 6 speed auto.

      I started with a 4L65 converted to 4L70 in the 64 Coupe. I decided to go with TCI 6X 6sp after I found out about it and the 64 got to over the top and needed a trans more suited to it's styling...LOL

      6X is based off 4L80E just has two extra gears fitted an it's also a close ratio geared trans. The gearing is what really got my attention. When I started playing with rear end gear ratios, I found that a 3.55 gave me a 1st gear ratio like a 4speed manual with 4.10 rear, and because it's 4th gear is 1.18 it gave me a 4.20 rear ratio in 4th good to up to 133 MPH at 6500 RPM and 28.3" tall tires. Shifts into 5th and it's 3.55 and in 6th it will cruise at 2125 RPM at 70 MPH. Also I can shift up or down to find best gears for auto crossing. 6X is also rated to hold up to 850 HP, with lifetime Mfg warrentry. Only problem installing it was on left side where main harness plugs in we had to mod tunnel so harness could be plugged in and on right side had to mod tunnel so cooling lines could be installed. Both mods I consider minor.

      66 and 64 at hotel in Nashville for Goodguys Show. Ken and Barbie. 66 stock male body and the 64 has been transgendered into a female by giving it curves like a woman.


    7. #107
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Birmingham Alabama
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice ride looks killer in pics but way better in person nice talking to you in Birmingham Alabama today take care nice to see sema cars on the road!


    8. #108
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      137
      Country Flag: United States
      Update on LS3 480 HP Hot Cam performance in 1/4 mile.

      At LS Fest I got to take car down the strip. 12.03 ET, 117.93 MPH, 1.96 60' foot time. Lack of Traction was not part of problem with 60' time. Didn't even spin the tires, but bent the rear end torque arm on 1st run, and a little more on second one because of how well car hooked up. By the way, car has 50/50 weight distribution. With fuel as run, it's 129 lbs heavier on rear. Approximate weight with driver was 3625-3650 lbs.



      Because car was so close to running in 11's I've decided to try and get car in the 11.2 to 11.5 range even if I can't get 60' time in the 1.6 range but stay in 1.9's instead. Converter is stalled at 2800 RPM for a reason and I want have it restalled just to try and get 60' time down.

      Below is what happened by swapping LS2 MAf out with LS3 style one. Notice how that change TQ curve. Notice also that at 5225 RPM peak TQ and HP were are nearly the same. Peak HP stayed at 360 and peaked at same RPM as before change. That means I need to modify intake air tube so that the two 3.0" tubes merge to feed 4.0" tube feeding throttlebody or change out tubes for 4.0" ones. Will be a coupe of months before I can work on getting that done.

      Before MAF change.



      After MAF change.



      Here are a few more pictures of the reason why I want car to run solid mid 11's. It's because it was built to dirve. It's not a show car, just a Pro Touring one.






    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com