Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 222

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for allthe kind words guys..keeps me moving.



      Some updates to record. I've drove the car about 200 miles up to my last updateand there was idling issues and check engine lights. I was pulling my hair outchecking for vacuum leaks, checking my wiring and doing a lot of reading. Turnsout my suspicion was correct and the tune that was on the car was the issue. Iended up buying hp tuners willing to take the tune on myself as my previoustuner told me that a car with that motor/power cant be tuned properly on astock ecm. I went to a local car show and was talking with some ls car guys andwas given a name of a local guy you has a great reputation named KP Tuning. Igave them a call and talked to Karl about setting up a date to road tune thecar. We drove around for 4 hours and he really dialed a lot of the issues away.I can’t say enough about the service and current tune on the car now. A worldof difference. I would highly recommend him. I was hesitant to drive the car inthe past due to the fear of issues/embarrassment and breaking down. I mean youcan't roll around with a bagged 67 camaro with a ford lol plate and break down.In the past month I have put over 300 miles on the car with no issues. The 500mile fluid change is in the very near future.

      Now that the tune is correct I started moving on with the alignment and such.My buddy John has all the tools so two weeks ago he came over and we spend themost of a day seeing what we could do. Now note that I have every ridetech itemwith the exception of their upper arms. After an inch of shims on each side andthe stock arms hitting the header on the passenger side and the power steeringpump on the driver’s side I knew what had to be done. The next day I orderedthe upper arms from matts classic. Thanks Kim. The new arms arrived two dayslater thanks to Josh over at ridetech and I put them on that night. Ridetechcontinues to step it up and give the customer the best product. These thingscome with all the hardware, detailed instructions and now have caster slugs tohelp get any car where the driver wants it to be. An A+ part. Here are somepictures..







      Last weekend there was a local car show so I entered and got a lot of looks,some good, some bad but it was fun either way. Enjoy.




      Next up is to redo the alignment, buy new front seats & get the rear seatrecovered, and start working on the interior...

      67 Camaro - LSX454 w/ T56 Magnum





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com