Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 222

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      No problem with the QA1. I was just throwing out another option. I don't think you will hate them.

      I hope we wont hate them they cost enough.haha..well see. I just want to drive the damn thing already.

      (2) The problem here is that we want a motor with a warrenty. Thats why we want to buy a new gmpp engine. I will have to look into the ls2-ls3. What cam and spring set up would you recommend for the power outputs I would like to see? Where can I look to buy a complete set up..? Ive been talking to frank over at prodigy and he has been telling my about a really nice 418cc engine that will make close to the same hp/tq as the gmpp 454..well see.

      Datonayellaz is a member on this forum that sells drop outs. Gets good reviews from fellow members but I have no personal experience. Link below should help.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=68969

      Here is a link on LS2 cam selection. Mike Norris is a great resource for selecting and tuning a setup that meets your goals.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=65687

      I can definately understand you wanting a warranty. After all, you plan to spend a lot of money on that engine and you expect it to work. For a new LS I think you are on the right track with Frank. Another resource for new performance LS engines is Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center. They are a sponsor here as well - user name Jesse@SDPC

      I am not totally set on the lsx just yet. It does seem pricey for the power it makes. Expecially when you factor in how much extras will be needed for the install. The should sell it as a complete drop in for that price. Im still weighing out my options at this time. Hopefully by the time comes to order the motor we will have all our bearings sorted out. With the help of you guys and frank im sure im in good hands. Thanks for all the suggestions.

      (3) I have looked into it with frank..it just isnt in the budget as of right now. Again mabye down the road we will go with that. Only time will tell.

      A set of Cal-Tracs are budget friendly and will help you at the drag strip to get better launches. You might even be able to pick up a used set from someone by posting on the wanted section.

      I looked into these because of you and this seems like a great alternative to the pricey 3 link set up. I know that the 3 link set up is far superior but this product seems to fit the car well at this time. I will be on the lookout for a set of these. Thanks for the the info.

      It is good to see you have a plan by the way.[/QUOTE]

      Thank you, its alot of work to build a car right the first time. We are trying to put something together that will hit all the targets we want in the budget we want. I hope were on the right path. Again thank you for all the help.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com