Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 222
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      232
      NIce upgrade.



      What was the deal with the new shell, abandoned project?
      Minitubbed?


    2. #42
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      Looks like a great find. Should advnace your program tremendously.

      I emailed you instructions you need to install the rear suspension.

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
      NIce upgrade.

      What was the deal with the new shell, abandoned project?
      Minitubbed?
      It was a project and they guy was moving on to other things. He did some very nice work and I got a ton of extras with the car. Super nice guy. Thanks Matt. The car has a prodigy 4 link set up, dse mini tubs. The rear seat has been narrowed to fit. The whole underside has been coated with eastwood black paint and the shell has a lot of new sheet metal including nos doors and quarters. Im pretty excited about all of it. I also recieved a carbon fiber hood ,cowl panel, header panel and front spoiler. More pictures will be coming very soon.

      Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
      Looks like a great find. Should advnace your program tremendously.

      I emailed you instructions you need to install the rear suspension.
      Again Frank, Thank you for all your help. Your the man. Ill be in touch.

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      So I worked on the car this weekend. Figured out the subframe assembly and speedtech solid mounts. I also have polyurethane mounts but figured if I don't like the solid mounts I can always switch them out. The undercoating should be here tomorrow. So hopefully that will start soon. I also stripped and painted the U bolts for the rear assembly and received the brackets I need to start putting the rear together. Hopefully the assembly of that will start tomorrow night after work. More updates to cone soon.

      Two questions for you guys.

      1. How does moser know the angle that would be needed for the 4 link set up? I know they have a jig but wouldn't ever car be different?

      2. I have to weld in the upper support for the dash. Anyone know where I can see some info on this..? Measurements? Ect..?










    5. #45
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      So finished test fitting the rear yesterday night to make sure everything is good in that area. The upper brackets will need to be welded to the rear but from what im told I wont be able to find that angle untill I have a motor and trans so that will have to wait for now. Im picking up the undercoating tonight and hoping to start that this weekend. Everything will be removed from the car and the whole underside, trunk and interior floor/firewall will be done. More pictures and updates to come soon. Also I think eventually Ill need some bigger wheels and tires all around. Mainly in the rear. My 17x9 w/ 275/45 are just lost in those tubs. Any one have something that will fit better for the right price..? Heres some pictures..















    6. #46
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Merry Christmas everyone.!! My wife really suprised me with this wonderful gift and they where supposly out of stock. Big thanks to anvil for the great service and fast shipping.





      In other news I am looking for a decent set of fenders and am going to start putting it all together for test fitting..then the body work will start. Hoping the updates will come often when that starts. Hope everyone has a merry Christmas

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      11
      looking good , like the old school wheels

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      So been looking for a set if fenders for the car but dont want to spend too much. Found a set on craigslist for 150 and picked them up this morning and then started fitting some panels and trying to get ready for the body work. Trying to have the body done by the beginning of spring then we would like to focus on the mechanical aspect of things. We all know how time lines go. It will get there. In the mean time we have to decide on a color. I was stuck on yellow since as long as I can remember but there just something about a black camaro that I can't seem to shake..any opinions? Untill the next time here's some pictures..

























      And my work space..

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Littleton, CO
      Posts
      170
      The fitment is great on the that trunk lid.
      1969 Chevy Nova - complete rebuild

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Conrad283 View Post
      The fitment is great on the that trunk lid.
      Yea everything fit pretty well. The drivers side stuff needs to be worked some but it will get there..

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      madisonville,tn
      Posts
      96
      keep up the good work!
      Dan
      1969 rs, bbc, tremec 600, 12 bolt, mini tubs, dse a-arms, springs, iforge wheels...

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      So I work on the car every weekend with my body guy now. Not much really to show atm. A lot of pulling off panels and putting back on, ect..ect..Two weekends ago we where still fitting things and trying to get the panels decent. My drivers side door bothers me still but its deff. better than what it was in the above pictures. We have trued the gap up good but the door to rocked is in twords the fender and flush twords the quarter. Any ideas what to do without going crazy? Everything else fits very nice and seems to be where in needs to be. So last weekend we worked on welding up everything that needs to be welded. The dash, antenna hole on the fender, front plate holes, all emblem holes on the fenders, chrome trim wheel mounting points and we finished off with some small body work. So that took up most of this past weekend. I will take some pictures to show the progess tonight and update. It feels like this stuff is taking forever. It kills me.

      In other news me and my dad have been talking about our motor choice and we have decided that if we can find a low mile ls motor that makes somewhere near 550+ we will consider. We have not ruled out the lsx 454 totally but after a lot of though we realize that it is going to cost upwards of 17k easily. Were looking to be somewhere in the range of 10k or less hoepfully with out aftermarket add ons. Where thinking ls7 at the moment. If you guys have thoughts/opinions please chime in. Were not against anything at the moment..

      Also as soon as my body guy can not come one weekend where looking into getting a cage put in. I only wanted a simple 4 point as I hate the idea of having to climb over a bar to get into my street car. It seems that the more places I talk to the more guys tell me that if your going to track the car you had better have at a minimum of a 6 point and even then the track will probley give you a hard time. I really dont want a 8 point but were weighing our options right now. More to come on this soon.

      Heres the one picture I took this weekend of Timmy drilling the spot welds for the dash..

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's the rest of the pictures from this weekend..




















    14. #54
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      More sanding and bodywork..everything looks good with the exception of the drivers door to rocker gap. I'm thinking that when whomever welded up the panels something was not lined up correctly. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make that better without going to crazy..?? We started the rough body work and finished sanding the door jams, fenders jams and trunk jam..and let me tell you that's a lot of jams. Anyone have peanut butter? Haha..anyway still to be sanded are the whole firewall, under hood, and under trunk..not to bad..here are the pictures.





      Here the gap..only twords the fender..it trues up at the quarter


      Here's the passenger side. Perfect.


      And some sanded jams..




      The tail panel needed some work but not too much..




      The next couple of weeks are going to be more body work..then in at the end of February the car will go to a local guy named lance for a 6 point cage with a removable side bar. They will also be finishing up the welding of my rear and welding in dse subframe connectors which have to be bought still. More updates coming soon..

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Last night I worked on some more sanding. Mainly the firewall. I have to figure out which holes are for what. Whatever is not needed I would like to close up before any paint work begins. I also got some picture of the drivers door to get some more opinions on what needs to be done to correct it..



      some of the drivers door..







      some near the A pillar..





      and the passanger side for comparison..




    16. #56
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Anyone wanna take a guess what we did today..


      Sanding..and then more sanding.. I'm done talking about sanding onto the pictures..






      And Timmy did a great job on the quarter to tail panel line.











      There's not much more to do until it gets primed now which needs to be in a booth. We have to seam seal some stuff and in 2-3 weeks the car goes in to get the cage and welding stuff wrapped up..then to the booth for 3 coats of primer then block the whole car again and cut the jambs in..then paint hopefully. Still have to buy an anvil rear spoiler and front valance...more updates coming soon..

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Well the car went to get the cage done today. I got some bad news from the builder lance. He is going to put the cage in, build and weld in sub frame connectors, and finish welding the rear end brackets to complete the air ride set up. We also talked about him welding the bottom of the door to correct that gap. He looked at both doors and told me that they have to be fitted again and some metal is going to be added/filed. He then showed me his 67 and how it should look. Basically the doors need sone work. But at this time he's finishing up some big projects and can handle that kind of work. So he's going to do what we have planed and then let me know when I can bring the car back for the other work. All welding work has to be done before final body work. More updates coming soon as I hopefully will be going there to help our with the work as I'm eager to learn.





      And here's the mustang he's working on ATM..

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      awesome work guys! looks great! keep up good work!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      So my dad and my cousin picked up my car last night for me while I was at work. My dad grabbed some pictures for me. I will get some better pictures this weekend. Also if anyone wants the cage builders info just let me know. Hes an awsome guy and really knows his stuff.












    20. #60
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Your making some nice progress. The car looks great you guys are doing a good job.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com