Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 222

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dlouie87 View Post
      what kind of front suspension are you going to be running?
      I have stock upper and lower control arms with poly bushings on the whole car. The front has QA1 coilovers. Stock sub frame also.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Posts
      413
      Country Flag: China
      If you are still looking for some traction bars there are some Competition Engineering slide-a-links in the for sale section. You might be able to get them fro the right price. I am sure a little product research would be pretty easy to do on this forum

      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69533

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by meenaggie View Post
      If you are still looking for some traction bars there are some Competition Engineering slide-a-links in the for sale section. You might be able to get them fro the right price. I am sure a little product research would be pretty easy to do on this forum

      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69533

      Thanks man. I wrote him..I wonder how these compare to the cal-tracks? I have to do some digging.

      The rear will be here today. Also anyone know any good sites or links to an exploded view of the front end..like down to the nut and bolt..? Torque specs for the front end also..? Im almost ready to start putting it together but I want to get all my info together first. Thanks Steven

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      well its here and I finally got to open up the box and work on it some...not the best pictures but they will do for now..The rear was ordered with no finish as me and my dad said we would just por-15 it in the same black that we did the front frame. We got it all out, set it up and did the first two steps of the process..degrease, then rinse with water, metal ready, then rinse with water again...let dry...open up the can of por-15 and its solid as a rock..so we order more paint today and hopefully well have it by the weekend. We should have what we need after its painted to put the rear all together as a rolling assembly.

      As for the front frame when we had the powder coater do the front arm and other little things we didnt think about the ball joints and sure enough they where toast. So we ordered new upper and lower ball joints and they should be here by friday also. We also ordered the AIM manual and the alingment shims. Hopefully the sub frame can be a rolling assembly also soon. Anyone care to chime in on if I have the steering arms mounted correctly? I believe they are to face twords the rear of the car...


      Onto the pictures...

      OHHHH AAHHHH




      sanded and ready for some paint



    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      That is the baddest in the land rear! Those 35 spline Wave track are sick

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
      That is the baddest in the land rear! Those 35 spline Wave track are sick
      haha..thanks frank...btw do I have the steering arms correct ..?

    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      615
      Steering arms should be facing back. That's the key ingredient to a rear steer car. LOL If your running dust shields you will want to put those on first.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68400BIRD View Post
      Steering arms should be facing back. That's the key ingredient to a rear steer car. LOL If your running dust shields you will want to put those on first.
      Ok so I have them correct then.. Its been a long time since I took them apart. Thats why I asked. Thank you. I dont have dust shields as my car was drum original. I dont think I need them..no..?

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok so the box from ricks camaro never came and I wanted to do the front end today also. At least get the new ball joints pressed in the upper and lower arms..but no fedex. So I just worked on the rear. The por-15 came in yesterday so I went over to my dads and painted the rear with two coats. After that I put the rear brake assembly together and the alxes in. Also grabbed the rear wheels to see what there gonna look like. Here are the pictures..













      Mabye tommorow I will get over there and start on the front frame..if not deff by tuesday...more updates coming soon..

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok..after many curse words and a couple busted/bruised body parts. I finally have the start of the front assembly together. Not the best of pictures but its better than nothing. I have to get the caps for the upper control arms still and get all the steering cleaned up and gather my bearings on what Im going to need to buy. In other news the Stainless tank should be here sooner than later...next up. Brake lines and mabye por-15 some stuff...more updates coming soon..






    11. #11
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great man, nice job
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      232
      Nice project.

      How come the body mount holes are different sizes on the two subframes?

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
      Nice project.

      How come the body mount holes are different sizes on the two subframes?

      The frame that is painted had some rot near the second body mount so we had some steel welded to the underside. We still need to drill the hole.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by boostin05blacksti View Post
      The frame that is painted had some rot near the second body mount so we had some steel welded to the underside. We still need to drill the hole.
      I noticed when I changed over to the solid mounts that the firewall holes were oversized from ro. I was thinking of having the whole mounting bracket replaced in time, but now I'm gonna look into having done what you did,
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      got the s/s tank from ricks...thanks frank!! next on the list is the transmission..brake lines, and fuel lines..more updates coming soon..big install once the tranny is ordered and arrives..heres some quick blurry pictures..






    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      mason city iowa
      Posts
      119
      Country Flag: United States
      very nice 67

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      1,797
      Country Flag: Australia
      Sweet....looking good!
      Regards,
      Leigh

      Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      396
      Country Flag: United States
      alright ladies/gentleman its been a while but money and time don't grow on trees. Late in the summer we had someone come by and take a look at my shell. Basically the guy told us to even start with that shell your looking at 25k. Well that is out of the question. So me and my dad have been eying this shell. Only problem is that is was over 5 hours away. So we saved up and made the trip this past weekend. After a 14 straight hours and many miles..here what we got.







      so me and my dad rented a 6'x12' enclosed trailer from uhaul only to get there after a 5 plus hours drive and realize that the smallest opening on the trailer is 5 1/2' so there is no pulling the car on..had to lift the car in the air over the trailer and then lower it. To say it was tight was an understatement. But all in all it was worth it because now it all done.







      and now I need franks help. The car I got has one of your 4 link set ups on it. The problem is my rear does not have the brackets I need. The guy I bought everything off of said that they make a bracket (in the picture to the left) that can be bolted to the leaf spring mount.The other bracket (in the picture to the right) has to be welded on to my rear. I need to know where to find that bracket and also the dimensions or some kind of guide as to where to weld those on at. Any help is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks and talk to you soon, Steven


    19. #19
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      tampa fl
      Posts
      184
      looking good

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      looks great so far! nice find!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com