Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 443
    1. #61
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Tucks69 View Post
      Looks like the conversion kit pictured above has a spacer to space the rotor out. If you need camaro hubs i have a couple sets.
      Awesome, thank you michael!

      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget


    2. #62
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lake Tillery NC
      Posts
      841
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      Awesome, thank you michael!
      No problem just let me know. You need to get the Bird together and come join us in Pigeon Forge for the RTTH!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

    3. #63
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Tucks69 View Post
      No problem just let me know. You need to get the Bird together and come join us in Pigeon Forge for the RTTH!
      damn I'd love to get down for that, sounds awesome! My goal to get the car done was actually that weekend, If not done, at least driveable. there is a huge all pontiac car show here in RI that weekend, but now that I went and decided to get larger brakes I set myself farther back, cause now I need to get bigger wheels, its like a domino effect.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    4. #64
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by FireBird455 View Post
      ive got a nice pontiac 400 to replace that chivvvy lol nice car though
      but then I'd have to get new hotchkis springs, mine are for a small block, hahaha.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    5. #65
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok, its a lame update but, I'm bored. I'm waiting for the calipers and the LS1 conversion kit, both should be in by the end of the week. I'll pick up some rotors once they come and and hopefully have that all installed by next week sometime. so in the meantime I finished putting the carpet on the drivers door panel, and had all intentions on finishing the other but then I shifted gears. After kneeling down to see what I have to look forward to with the rusty rear, I noticed that the rear bumper was sitting about 1/2 inch or so from the body on the drivers side and was practically right up to the body. Soooooo, I pulled the bumper off tonight to fix this problem, and while I did that I realized that the quarter panels had been replaced by the previous owner. From what I've seen, it looks like it was done the right way. anyway, I've got way to many things started, I've got to finish something, LOL. Here's a shot of the back with the bumper off, the pic is crappy, I've got terrible lighting in the garage..I'm going to take some better pics with a real camera sometime this week.

      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Rochester NY
      Posts
      403
      I really love the tail on the old birds -- project is coming along nice -- keep up the good work - you'll get there
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

    7. #67
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      I hear ya Don, I'm a big fan too, but I'm a bit biased, LOL

      some minor updates:

      Got the bumper back on yesterday with new bolts and all, got it lined up better than it was. I do have a question, Does anyone know how to put those springs or whatever they're called that keeps the trunk open in place? I can't figure it out, and it was proving to be extremely difficult.

      Got my calipers in today (thanks Ed!), Started cleaning them up, and will finish that tonight. After work I stopped and ordered some rotors from pepboys cause they didn't have the better quality solid rotors in stock. I'm holding off on the drilled/slotted rotors for now, I don't plan on doing any extremely aggressive driving just yet, and I'm sure even with the solid rotors these suckers will stop wayyyy better than the drums did. I'll pick the rotors up tomorrow afternoon, then I've got to get to the machine shop by 5 p.m. with a rotor and the hubs to get the hubs machined down. The conversion kit is arriving on Monday, can't wait!!!!

      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Winter Park, FL
      Posts
      143
      You can keep your hotchkis springs. ; ) The small block ones would be fine with a Pontiac because it's not as heavy as a big block chevy. I made the mistake of going with the big block springs with my 400 and they're a little too stiff. Should have gone with the small block version.
      69 Firebird Convertible.
      www.stevegarrison.com click Firebird link at bottom of page

    9. #69
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      couple minor updates again. Picked my rotors up today, I honestly can't believe how big these LS1 brakes are, I love it hahahaha.They are prostop platinums, solid rotors. Here's a pic of one, the other is at the machine shop with the hubs, I was told I'll get the hubs back next week.



      and also picked up some caliper paint and painted the calipers red. Thats probably all I'll be able to get done till next week when I get the hubs back and the conversion kit is in. I might pick up some ceramic pads and new caliper hardware this weekend.



      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Reno, NV.
      Posts
      482
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      I hear ya Don, I'm a big fan too, but I'm a bit biased, LOL

      some minor updates:

      Got the bumper back on yesterday with new bolts and all, got it lined up better than it was. I do have a question, Does anyone know how to put those springs or whatever they're called that keeps the trunk open in place? I can't figure it out, and it was proving to be extremely difficult.

      Got my calipers in today (thanks Ed!), Started cleaning them up, and will finish that tonight. After work I stopped and ordered some rotors from pepboys cause they didn't have the better quality solid rotors in stock. I'm holding off on the drilled/slotted rotors for now, I don't plan on doing any extremely aggressive driving just yet, and I'm sure even with the solid rotors these suckers will stop wayyyy better than the drums did. I'll pick the rotors up tomorrow afternoon, then I've got to get to the machine shop by 5 p.m. with a rotor and the hubs to get the hubs machined down. The conversion kit is arriving on Monday, can't wait!!!!
      I just picked up a set of Hotchkiss front springs for my Pontiac and they listed the small block springs for the 400, so you would be good to go.

      As far as the trunk springs, I hear they are a pain to get back in. Check out this conversion, easy and cheap:
      http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169354
      Joe M
      '67 Firebird

      My build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...irth&highlight=

    11. #71
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67rstbkt View Post
      As far as the trunk springs, I hear they are a pain to get back in. Check out this conversion, easy and cheap:
      http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169354
      Awesome, thank you!!!
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      neat strut....
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    13. #73
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Reno, NV.
      Posts
      482
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      Awesome, thank you!!!
      No problem. I save all the links to threads that may come in handy one day
      Joe M
      '67 Firebird

      My build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...irth&highlight=

    14. #74
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, I'm trying to keep busy doing something on a daily basis, so I had this tach in the for sale section because I was thinking of going another route with the guages, but I figured out a way to install the tach where the old giant fuel guage sat. I just have to make up a couple brackets for the bottom to help keep it in place, off to lowes I go. only problem is I have to get a phantom 5 in. speedometer and a small fuel guage to match. Its like dominoes, replace one thing and many other things follow.



      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    15. #75
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the LS1 disc conversion kit in yesterday, last night I dropped my spindles off at another machine shop to drill and tap the 1/2" anchor boss to 5/8". I should be getting the hubs back tomorrow and hopefully the spindles, then I'll put the front brakes together.
      I also ordered a nice set of braided stainless hose from Kore3 which should also be in tomorrow or thursday. I hate the waiting game!!!

      Also, Since these brakes won't fit the 15 inch rallye 2's, and new rims aren't in the budget yet (in other words the wife doesn't know I need them yet, haha)this puts me in a bit of a bind. I've hit up a buddy who is gonna sell me a set of 92 camaro RS wheels for $100 to get me by for now, just have to do a trial fit to make sure they clear the calipers. These are the rims, minus the tires. hopefully they'll at least get me by as rollers.

      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      these brakes won't fit the 15 inch rallye 2's, and new rims aren't in the budget yet
      Cool that you have that option to beg/borrow/buy a set of wheels....when I did my C5 brakes....the car sat on jack stands for what seemed forever until I saved up enough to splurge on wheels and tires to get the car back down on all fours again.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    17. #77
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      Cool that you have that option to beg/borrow/buy a set of wheels....when I did my C5 brakes....the car sat on jack stands for what seemed forever until I saved up enough to splurge on wheels and tires to get the car back down on all fours again.
      Yea true, but I'm sure yours landed on all 4's with wheels that you wanted not that you had to settle for LOL. I got lucky that a buddy had some 16 X 8 rims, even though they are camaro rims. I hope they fit over the calipers, for $100 for all 4 I can't go wrong. Only problem is I have to buy tires for them. If I do buy them I'll probably sandblast them, paint them gunmetal,and blast the "chevrolet" off the outer center caps and replace the camaro sticker in the center with a firebird one. Just some thoughts on that

      here's a pic of one mocked up with 2 stacks of ceramic tiles to just kinda see if it looks ugly or nos Do you guys think it would look stupid with camaro rims?



      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rockford, MN
      Posts
      278
      Quote Originally Posted by steve g View Post
      You can keep your hotchkis springs. ; ) The small block ones would be fine with a Pontiac because it's not as heavy as a big block chevy. I made the mistake of going with the big block springs with my 400 and they're a little too stiff. Should have gone with the small block version.
      Agreed. The Pontiac mill weighs about in the middle of the SBC and BBC, a touch closer to the BBC. I went with BBC springs and even though it sits level, it's not quite as low as I'd like in the front. Now trying to decide if I should go with the SBC springs in 2" or the 3" drop.


      1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rockford, MN
      Posts
      278
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      Do you guys think it would look stupid with camaro rims?

      It's all about what you can and are willing to spend. If it works for ya, and fits your budget do it. I personally grew tired of seeing IROC style rims on every other custom and S10/Blazer around in the early 90's, but it's been awhile now. Painting them gunmetal will help alot. Keep us posted!


      1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

    20. #80
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      Yea true, but I'm sure yours landed on all 4's with wheels that you wanted not that you had to settle for LOL.
      Actually no, I settled for cheap, very heavy, steel truck rims(Cragar Soft 8's) because they came in a decent back spacing, and width and still fit over the C5 brakes. If i had the funds, I would have bought a lighter, more attractive looking rim...but.

      Those rims that you got, look good on there....and they are much lighter than the rims I have. Win, win for you...
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com