Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 41 to 60 of 443

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States

      pro-touring '68 firebird...on a budget

      What's up everyone? I've actually been a member of the forum for a while now, but I had taken quite a few years off from building the car. Its been sitting under a car cover in the garage as my wife was using it as a shelf. Just this past week I removed all the wifes crap, pulled back the cover, and finished removing the front suspension. I couldn't be more excited to try and get this done for next years cruise nights and what not. I've got a budget of course, and its a relatively low one at this point. I've got some parts already waiting to be installed (hotchkis 2 inch drop springs, hotchkis/bilstein shocks, global west subframe connectors, global west solid body mounts, front end rebuild kit, and a hotchkis front sway bar on the way) As of right now tubular control arms aren't in my budget, so I removed the stockers and I'm having a buddy at work sandblast the 40 years of crap off of them. mostly everything else up front will be replaced with new parts. I also don't have the room to pull the engine and subframe out, I've got a pretty small garage, so I'm actually cleaning the subframe up while its on the car, then I'll just tape everything off and prime/paint it that way, gotta work with what I have!!! I've got a long way to go, but I'll keep updating this thread with pics and let you guys know how I'm doing on the budget.

      this is what it went in hibernation looking like

      cover pulled back for the first time in about 4 years!


      drivers side control arms off, alot of cleaning to do to thesubframe

      Off to the sandblaster!!!


      More to come..................

      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com