Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 586

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Plain Janes (1sickT8) Heart Gives up

      OK just as the title says, my car Plain Jane engine started burning oil last weekend (james bond smoke cloud style) just after a visit to the BBQ at Road Touring customs, (which by the way Rich was AWESOME! thanks bro) so I pulled the heads valves were fine, seals fine, guides fine, so then I pulled the rest of the motor, and I have a bad piston skirt that cracked a chunk off and damage the cylinder wall, heres my question!!!!! I have 2 motors to choose from as a replacement



      1) is an torquey LS 327 from GM with ls 6 reworked heads and a cam - about 355HP
      2) is a bone stock Ls6 completely stock --------------------------- about 400 HP

      going with the LS plunge I have collected a good list of parts for the swap and the swap was supposed to happen at the end of the year not the start

      so which engine do I choose?????





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com