Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Results 381 to 400 of 586
    1. #381
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      1,747
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great - props to you for installing the 4 Link curbside! I did mine in a garage with the rear axle out and it was a PITA! I'm a little surprised you went with the urethane link bars. I used the Heim end link bars and don't have any complaints.

      Color me impressed that you did basically the whole install in roughly a day! Can't wait to hear your opinion!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

    2. #382
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      2,196
      Country Flag: United States
      Rod you stud.... love the driveway (and curbside) build! Looks good man..... and I knew it was a matter of time before you tossed the leafs out.. we all get there at some point. :D
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

    3. #383
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      1,747
      Country Flag: United States
      Got a request for you - did you take any pictures of the upper link tabs after you welded them in? How much fitment did you have to do to the tabs to get them to fit the axle? Also, how well did you get the self tapping bolts to grab? Why not go ahead and weld the cradle in more securely and leave the bolts out altogether? Just curious. I'm probably going to have my cradle welded in when I get my upper link tabs redone by someone better at this stuff than me, or in other words someone who can weld!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

    4. #384
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      Rod you stud.... love the driveway (and curbside) build! Looks good man..... and I knew it was a matter of time before you tossed the leafs out.. we all get there at some point. :D
      Thanks Dave! its my gorilla build!

    5. #385
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Color me impressed that you did basically the whole install in roughly a day!
      thanks! if I wasn't so lazy I could have done it, but I see shiny objects and I get side tracked, oh look its lunch time, look a hockey game started, I haven't rode my bike today...maybe I should ride to the park and back and things like that! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Got a request for you - did you take any pictures of the upper link tabs after you welded them in? How much fitment did you have to do to the tabs to get them to fit the axle? Also, how well did you get the self tapping bolts to grab? Why not go ahead and weld the cradle in more securely and leave the bolts out altogether? Just curious. I'm probably going to have my cradle welded in when I get my upper link tabs redone by someone better at this stuff than me, or in other words someone who can weld!
      I will put up some pictures of the tabs, and I did weld in the cradle almost fully, I only added a few self tappers once I started and mainly bolted the cradle in along the front seam and the two extra points that pass through the trunk

    6. #386
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      1,747
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks - I like that they added the bolt through points on the front and rear cross bar. I feel like those additional points helped to stiffen up my car. I'm sure that having it welded will help too.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

    7. #387
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      cool Video from Goodguys about us autocrossing


    8. #388
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      I fixed the video! sorry about that

    9. #389
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      cool video! thanks for sharing!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    10. #390
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CruizinKev View Post
      cool video! thanks for sharing!
      Thanks Kevin!

    11. #391
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Oakdale, Ca.
      Posts
      192
      Country Flag: United States
      Rod - great job on the new mod.


      George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

      2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

    12. #392
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by struck by Lightning View Post
      Rod - great job on the new mod.
      Thank you sir!!

    13. #393
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      going to do some testing this weekend, in Marina, just from driving my little track course I think the nose dives under so tonight I'm swapping the 650LB springs to 700LB springs that should help a little but I think it needs more(for me)


      700 on the left with a tall upper ring and standard 650 with standard top

    14. #394
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Oakdale, Ca.
      Posts
      192
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      going to do some testing this weekend, in Marina, just from driving my little track course I think the nose dives under so tonight I'm swapping the 650LB springs to 700LB springs that should help a little but I think it needs more(for me)


      700 on the left with a tall upper ring and standard 650 with standard top
      Cool.....Look forward to seeing the new set up tomorrow.

      George

    15. #395
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      so a few weeks ago I installed the rear suspension and I expected a learning curve (for both driving and tuning) and after the first run at the Goodguys event I forgot the rear end was brand new and completely different from the leafs and it was just fast


      and the front control arms and the Tru-trun installed I set off to test the set up at American Auto X this weekend and again I expected a learning curve, after the first run I forgot every thing was completely different, geometry and steering system and I found it easy to push the car to its edge and pull it back (lots of fun)



      I just need more tuning to create some shock adjusting sheets for different tracks and conditions

    16. #396
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      1,747
      Country Flag: United States
      I wish we were closer - I sure could use some setup and tuning instruction. There isn't anyone in my area that knows squat about suspension tuning. I'm glad to hear your car is working so well with the new setup!!! I did find that mine was very forgiving right at the edge. I even had someone comment on the recoverability of the car after installing ridetech's setup.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

    17. #397
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      I wish we were closer - I sure could use some setup and tuning instruction. There isn't anyone in my area that knows squat about suspension tuning. I'm glad to hear your car is working so well with the new setup!!! I did find that mine was very forgiving right at the edge. I even had someone comment on the recoverability of the car after installing ridetech's setup.
      if you have the ridetech TQ shocks the shock tuning guide has a good starting setup for basic autocross, its a little stiff for daily driving, I took the basic settings and increased them by 3 clicks each for daily driving and then you know on track day turn all 3 settings back the 3 clicks(I.E. if your decreasing 10 clicks on the instructions make it 13 for daily driving) when you are going to set the shocks, remember the key is to start from the highest setting (full max) and work backwards, that allows the internal valve orifice to close completely and open with the adjustments, I don't know why but starting from the lowest and going up doesn't work the same(it was very inconsistent) and after you wear out those BFG's get there rival tires, or the Falken 615k the car will work better, I used the sport comp 2's that your running and there a little squirmy in the track because of the small tread blocks! hope this little bit helps

    18. #398
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      1,747
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Rodney...it does help! I just really don't know my stuff yet. I've never been to any drivers education and only had a few laps with Eric Wracker in my car making suggestions (which helped tremendously). I've got to find time to get more practice...I know that'll help the most. A set of Rivals would no doubt help too!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

    19. #399
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's a clip from a goodguys event earlier this year when I was battle with Brett Cambell for 1st place





    20. #400
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Location
      Surprise, AZ
      Posts
      168
      Country Flag: UK
      Nice clip Rod, looks super fast, wish I could have been there, so who got first in the end? Love the ridetech swap, it's been on my wish list for some time now. Does the car have more grip now? The camber gain has to be better than the Guldstrand mod, tall ball joint, aftermarket control arms setup I believe you were running, not to mention much more travel with the Tru-Turn set-up.

      Chris.

      68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 w/3.73's, Ridetech TruTurn and 4 link with HQ coil overs, Hotchkis Swaybars, Guldstrand mod, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, 18x9.5 & 18x12 Apex EC-7's.

    Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com