Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 586

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Now I am ready to put on the Hotckis rear leafs....you have to drill out everything for the huge 5/8 U-bolts





      and while i was getting the rear together I found some sweet rims from a vette...these will look sweet



      and my front suspension is coming together nicely also Using The hotchkis front coils springs with KYB GR-2 shocks



      and the hotchkis Tie rod ends and sleeves to keep every thing stiff



      and added for the fun of it the rear hotchkis rear shock tower brace





      super simple new shock bolts



      now lay in trunk and bolt it in





      Last edited by Rod; 02-14-2010 at 07:27 PM.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      I got the rear disc brakes finally

      Pull the pumpkin cover first


      rotate the diff to find the retainer bolt


      using a small (full circumference) brake bleeder wrench loosen


      remove the bolt and set in a safe place


      slowly remove the diff pin




      now fish out the C-clip Axel retainers


      and remove the axel


      perfect time to replace rear bearings and rear seals


      now remove the 4 bolts holding the rear drums in place


      add rear brake brackets and rotor


      add the caliper


      reroute brake line and add retainer


      add E-brake lines


      doesn't get any easier than that!!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Long island, New York
      Posts
      668
      what upper control arms do you have? stock? just wondering what you did to make the hotchkis handle bar kit fit, i heard they needed to be modified. but the car has definitely come a long way and looks good, keep it up.-Dom
      Dom Buffa
      69 Camaro- 2JZ /Garrett 67MM, Ls1 13" Front disc conversion, 18" ROH 3 piece Modenas



    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 69projectKAOS View Post
      what upper control arms do you have? stock? just wondering what you did to make the hotchkis handle bar kit fit, i heard they needed to be modified. but the car has definitely come a long way and looks good, keep it up.-Dom
      I Have the Global west upper control arms, the hotchkis bars fits pretty well the hardest part was the bolts that go to the firewall, I had to get a buddy to help spread the bars apart to mount to the wall

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      WTH???? You guys are closing??? Partner issues?


      car looks good btw
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      WTH???? You guys are closing??? Partner issues?


      car looks good btw
      yes partner issues! so I closed sponsorship and trying to decide on a new direction (work for somebody or start a new small shop)

      and thanks on the car!!

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Painting the Camaro!! 1sickT8

      adding some stripes in my garage! ummm a hockey stencil on a 68 camaro!! OK looks good and this was yesterday!!!




    8. #8
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Painting the Camaro!! 1sickT8

      and today we (girlfriend and I) drove to Napa Valley first we hit up the BR Cohn Winery and checked out Bruce's cars and had a little BBQ and wine! and then on the way home we stopped at Pacific Coast Customs (great shop) to see Robbie's new projects! awesome cruise

      here's a peek at 1sickT8 so far





    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Amherst, OH
      Posts
      524
      Country Flag: United States
      Just amazing.....what you turned a $100 junker into!! Nice work!
      Josh

      1968 Firebird project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...41#post1180941

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
      ...what you turned a $100 junker into!
      x2 very nice!!!


      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    11. #11
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      looks sweet, those vette rims look pretty good on there.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68firebird View Post
      looks sweet, those vette rims look pretty good on there.
      tHANKS I dig them it gives the car a modern look without looking to future silly

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by CruizinKev View Post
      x2 very nice!!!

      its a fun build I did about 95% at home in the garage! it was painted at a shop (but I painted it) and the timing/engine tune and alignment were farmed out, I did my own engine rebuild, trans rebuild, body work, wiring, glass install, interior, suspension, brakes, and even every other little detail!

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      thats great! thats 'kinda' the way I'm working my monte carlo
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      340
      Wow, just WOW! I commend you on doing most of the work yourself. What a great find and what a great build.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      1968 Camaro Tail Panel Paint

      shot the tail panel to match the stripes! looks good now I have to paint the bumpers! yes painted in my garage!!



      tailpanel in the same color as the stripe


    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      I'm not a fan of the Vette wagon wheels - I never thought they looked good from the factory in Bowling Green - I would try some C6 wheels if you can find them cheap - they just look that much better. Thats my 2 cents... not dogging your ride in anyway...

      I love the paint and clean lines of the car!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      I'm not a fan of the Vette wagon wheels - I never thought they looked good from the factory in Bowling Green - I would try some C6 wheels if you can find them cheap - they just look that much better. Thats my 2 cents... not dogging your ride in anyway...

      I love the paint and clean lines of the car!
      C6 wheels? umm I looked at them I have looked at several vette wheels, funny alot of guys don't dig the vette wheels, I am unsure as to what wheels to buy? don't want wheels like everybody else

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Rear Bumper is done

      painted the Rear bumper yesterday and installed it today, now I have to do the front bumper!!


    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Various Barns in Northern Illinois.
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Niiiiiice!!! What a transformation. I'm likin the wheels on it...different...and tough looking.
      BTW Where did you get the LED tailight lens??
      Life is Better Spent in the Garage
      Laine O

      72 Camaro, 468, TH400, 3:42 = FUN!
      92 Camaro RS, Restored Autocross wannabe

      LIVE LOVE DRIVE!

    Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com