Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast
    Results 281 to 300 of 586

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Those tires should help!
      I agree I was shooting for a square wheel setup, The car was pretty balanced with the 255/275 combo, but with a 275/275 combo the extra 1.7 inches on the ground should be great for turn in



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      San Mateo, Ca.
      Posts
      41
      Country Flag: United States
      Rodney,car looks great! Thanks for showing me your car the day I bought some parts. I showed you a pic of boxing out my front fenders on the Lark. Did you have to do yours?

      Marcell

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Rod, it looks like you're kicking butt and having an awesome time in the process! Nice job and the Camaro is looking great!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Rod, it looks like you're kicking butt and having an awesome time in the process! Nice job and the Camaro is looking great!
      Thanks Herb, I'm sure you will see my name cross you're desk (again soon) as I hope to get some new TQ's built to go with the new arms that Crosby has been working on, the single adjust ridetech Shocks I have are awesome, its hard to explain to many how smooth they are and the recovery time between problems is incredible

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Hi Rod, I've really enjoyed reading each page of this build and am glad it has worked out so well for you! I am 1 month from starting on my 68 and was hoping you could verify the following part#s you used for mounts and headers. Did you have any issues with clearance using the Dynatech headers? If you have a pic of the driver's side that would be great. Thanks.

      Trans Dapt 4592

      Dynatech 715-11410

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
      Hi Rod, I've really enjoyed reading each page of this build and am glad it has worked out so well for you! I am 1 month from starting on my 68 and was hoping you could verify the following part#s you used for mounts and headers. Did you have any issues with clearance using the Dynatech headers? If you have a pic of the driver's side that would be great. Thanks.

      Trans Dapt 4592

      Dynatech 715-11410
      do you have an automatic or manual transmission, the dynatechs fit very well but then I decided to stay with the old T-10 and the manual clutch linkage and the dynatechs did not match so I went to the short sandersons

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      do you have an automatic or manual transmission, the dynatechs fit very well but then I decided to stay with the old T-10 and the manual clutch linkage and the dynatechs did not match so I went to the short sandersons
      The plan is to run a T56.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Las Vegas, Nevada
      Posts
      109
      Country Flag: United States
      what were you running for your rear suspension before the upgrade? do you like running same size tires on front and rear alot better than a staggered setup? im currently building a 68 camaro to do some autocrossing and hopefully earn an invite to the optima challenge like you did. I noticed there are 4 classes on the board where would i find info to see what mods are allowed for each class? hope to meet you, see your 68 and maybe get a ride around the cones real soon at an event in the next month or two! Congrats on your event win btw !

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      what were you running for your rear suspension before the upgrade? do you like running same size tires on front and rear alot better than a staggered setup? im currently building a 68 camaro to do some autocrossing and hopefully earn an invite to the optima challenge like you did. I noticed there are 4 classes on the board where would i find info to see what mods are allowed for each class? hope to meet you, see your 68 and maybe get a ride around the cones real soon at an event in the next month or two! Congrats on your event win btw !
      The car has always been leaf spring, I upgraded the shocks to ridetech from QA1s, the Ridetechs are smoother and recover from obstacles (bumps,curves) faster

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Another Great weekend! and a smooth start to the new Goodguys race season

      Like I said another Great weekend! and a smooth start to the new Goodguys race season, I had a few updates to the car for the new season, the biggest change is the front wheels width, I stepped up to a 9.5" wheel and a 275-40-17 tire, I rolled the fender wells a little. During the first run the turn-in was almost to great, the car was turning so quick it made the rear end a little loose, so I added a little toe in and that smoothed it out some, with the wider front tires the steering input from me had to be smoother so the car was less jerky....after my shake down run the adjustments worked and I ran faster,




      It was a weekend battle with a freind of mine from Southern California Brett Cambell from the Fab53.com shop it wa a good day saturday and and afterwards we went to Rob MacGregor's motor home for a corn toss game and some beers



      Brett was also going faster all weekend and his final run sealed it I couldnt get Jane to get there without one more run, I ran only 5 runs all weekend, 1 less than everyone else because they moved me inside the show grounds next to the Pros and they said because I was moved I lost that turn in the line-up

      heres a pic of Brett on his winning run


      I gave it one last run and the timing was over at 12:00 sunday and I finished in second



      Time to pack it up and head to Del Mar Goodguys

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      Great story and congrats on the 2nd place finish in such a stacked field. But the the part of the story that really got my attention was the corn toss game. Having made my own game for the back yard, I cant help but notice the quality in Robs build here. Hell, even his corn toss game has speed holes. LOL... and that V8 logo rocks.

      Name:  24422_10200729475829711_1969013979_n_zpsf49ced6e.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  142.7 KB
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Practice makes perfect!

      Practice makes perfect! so I have been told and since the Del Mar Goodguys event is this weekend I needed a little more time with the suspension changes done to Jane, so I headed to Adams Motorsports Park on Tuesday to tune and shake off the cob webs, and on the way there I stopped and a 7-11 for water and ice and a new issue of Camaro Performers, and I find an article written by a friend of mine David Pozzi, about camber, so I took a picture of myself using his story at the track to adjust my camber


    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      I found this from Jay Lenos Garage on his newest project and thought, when did Jay Leno see my car and decided to copy it?? cool!

      heres Jays Render



      and my car

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Turn, Turn, Turn

      so one of the things I always work on, is the turning ability of my car "Plain Jane" and some of the weapons out there are Ridetechs Tru-Turn and CPP's C-5 spindle for 1st gen camaros,I have had the c-5 around for awhile and now the tru-turn and here's a few pictures of the parts and measurements for everyone to look over and I will show some test and setups over the next few weeks on these



      ridetech VS stock



      CPP VS stock



      ridetech VS CPP





      CPP



      Ridetech



      stock


    15. #15
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks to Johnny Hunkins for the great pictures from Goodguys Delmar









      and I have a few projects on the way!!!! I very excited! to show everyone


    16. #16
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      more cool stuff showed up! I cant wait!



      heres a peek inside one of the boxes, even more adjustment now!!!!



      upper ridetech/Fox shock adjuster



      Hyperco springs! these things are sweeeeettttt!!



      remote canister adjuster





      stay tuned!!!!

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      More Ridetech with the new Tru Turn kit and NEW control arms

      new Tru Turn Kit from ride tech looks awesome cant wait to get it on the car!



      and I will unbox a few more parts to night!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Monticello, MN
      Posts
      249
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome Rod, it will be interesting to see how it effects your results.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
      Awesome Rod, it will be interesting to see how it effects your results.
      I know HUH! its kinda scary, I hope combining Ridetechs awesome parts with my Hotchkis parts is the winning ticket

      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Wow it's Christmas! I'm sure you'll make good use of those new parts!
      ooohh yea! its going to be FUN!

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      1,747
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow it's Christmas! I'm sure you'll make good use of those new parts!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

    Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com