Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 1018
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Vail, Arizona
      Posts
      660
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Pictures to follow.

      PLEASSEEE Please post pics!? I wanna see! I only wish my 66 looked like and handled like yours must!





    2. #42
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Here are a couple recent pictures of the 66 and I'm sneaking one of the wagon in.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      382
      Car looked great this weekend. It was great to meet you and the family.
      Michael Barnes
      71 Chevelle - LS1/T56 swap - On the Street!!

    4. #44
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by stealth71 View Post
      Car looked great this weekend. It was great to meet you and the family.
      Thanks Mike,
      I hate that we're still working out the kinks and didn't get to really thrash it, but there is always next time. That is if it survives Motor State this weekend...
      Hope to see you at RTTH!
      Tom

    5. #45
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States

      Rear-ended!

      Well would you believe that we have been wrenching on the car for a solid week since coming back from Chevellabration and finally got the new radiator installed and few other things worked out. So, we get that all done and decide to drive it to my sisters house to celebrate my Mother's birthday. On the way back to the shop/garage, some idiot clips the rear taillight extension and quarter panel. Unreal!!! We're still in good shape to make it up to Motor State though. I can't believe our luck!
      Pictures will follow this weekend...
      Last edited by tommycomfort; 06-18-2010 at 02:05 AM.

    6. #46
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States

      Damage pictures

      Well, we'll see what the other guys insurance company says, but right now I think the estimate is around $3500. My guy believes he can save the quarter and will be able to match the paint. If anyone can do it would be his shop.





    7. #47
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      That's a bummer Tom that you have to go through this after all that hard work you, Deb and the kids put into the Chevelle! You going to wait until after Run Through The Hills to leave it at the body shop?
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    8. #48
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, I actually have a three week period that I will be away doing National Guard stuff then home for a week and gone again for two, so somehow during that it will be at the body shop and hopefully the interior shop for the back seat and headliner. All of that in a perfect world of course!

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Well, I actually have a three week period that I will be away doing National Guard stuff then home for a week and gone again for two, so somehow during that it will be at the body shop and hopefully the interior shop for the back seat and headliner. All of that in a perfect world of course!
      Should be no problem Tom, since we all live in a perfect world! lol

      Will you be at Run Through The Hills? I'm trying to talk Ted and his wife to fly out; if they do I'll be bringing the Chevelle and the Elky.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    10. #50
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Cincinnati Ohio
      Posts
      1,060
      Country Flag: United States
      Damn, that sucks.


      If that came to us, i would fix that quater too. Pull alittle in the rear and tap the highs down at the wheels.


      I say bring to rtth's like that too.

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Bakersfield Ca.
      Posts
      167
      Great looking car!! Sorry to see the rear damage.
      '70 SBC 383 Stroker - Rushforth Rated X wheels - 14" Wilwood - Anvil Carbon Fiber hood/deck lid - Fesler billet - Corbeau Sport Seats, and still building....

      Youtube & Instagram - @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory

    12. #52
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Should be no problem Tom, since we all live in a perfect world! lol

      Will you be at Run Through The Hills? I'm trying to talk Ted and his wife to fly out; if they do I'll be bringing the Chevelle and the Elky.
      We'll be there whether it is fixed or not.

    13. #53
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Damn, that sucks.


      If that came to us, i would fix that quater too. Pull alittle in the rear and tap the highs down at the wheels.


      I say bring to rtth's like that too.
      I really hated the thought of having to cut a near perfect (formerly) quarter off, but was going to demand OEM or NOS. When he said he'd rather fix it I was relieved. Still a drag that a car with all it's original panels including floors has to pulled and popped and hammered, but that's just the way it goes.

      He's also going to paint the wheel centers and possibly the center of the grill our gun metal trim color while he has it. See, take the good with the bad.

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      texas
      Posts
      529
      Country Flag: United States
      Tom I didn't read what happened but if if makes you feel any better I backed out of my shop a week after getting my car home from the paint shop to work on the interior setting on the carpet looking over my right shoulder to make sure noting was behind me. I forgot to pull the door shut. In an instant I herd a click, pop,& a boom. The boom was the door bounching off the floor of my shop. I caught it in hand just in time to keep it from hitting the car. Mine is still at the shop as of yesterday, they were trying to get the repalcement door on with out having to remove the fender. SH I guess. Hope all works out for you.

      This is Larry Callahan adding to Rocky's profile.

      I'm sorry to say that we have lost Rocky.

      RIP....

    15. #55
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States

      Home from the body shop

      Well, the Chevelle is home from it's short stay at the body shop. We're still waiting on the tail light trim to be chromed at Advance plating in Nashville, but we assembled it with some original pieces while we wait. I had the body shop paint the wheel centers and the center of the grille with the gun metal color we used on some other trim. I felt like the chrome plated trim and bright silver paint was just too much bright and it looks like the black vinyl top I had originally planned will never happen. Let me know what you think...




    16. #56
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Let me know what you think...
      I likey!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    17. #57
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Cincinnati Ohio
      Posts
      1,060
      Country Flag: United States
      WOW, much better.

      Cant wait to see it again at RTTH's.

      I call shot gun for a run or two.

    18. #58
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      WOW, much better.

      Cant wait to see it again at RTTH's.

      I call shot gun for a run or two.
      Absolutely! Wish you had been at Day at the strip, we drove the wheels off of it!

    19. #59
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States

      another step closer

      Well, for the last six weeks or so I have been playing part time Army guy and haven't had much time for anything on our car. While I have been busy Deb had the paint and body repaired and then last week we ran it down to Darrin at Cutter's custom stitchin' for the headliner and back seat.

      If all goes well we'll be picking it up on Wednesday then leaving for RTTH's on Thursday morning. Still a bit of wrenching that needs to go on back at our place before we drive it down to Pigeon Forge, but I am sure we can make it happen...




    20. #60
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      791
      The car is looking awesome Tom! good luck at RTTH's... i'm going to try and make it next year!...seriously...

      Unfortnately the procar seats are collecting dust in another project (first yours,now mine)...haha

      -Sean

    Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com