Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by ModedCB2 View Post
      Glenn, great work & I appreciate the dedication to your vision, no matter what the random nay-sayer chimes in with.



      * I love the hood. maybe the letters "GT" in relief, showing the CF, just a hint of CF showing? I don't remember the exact grabber GT paint/decal layout.. just thinking out loud.

      * Never make excuses for running an 8".... the 8" is stronger, lighter, & easier to service than the 8.8" & you have REAL axle retainers. 9" are overrated, overweight (big time) & 90% of the time unnecessary. The 8" has Currie, Moser, & Strange behind it.. all kinds of gear sets.. Aubrun Pro-differential will never let you down.. I love all 3 I have.

      * The GT40p heads will give you head-aches. The port-configuration is not std ford small block. So unless someone makes a specific GT-P shortie/swap header... loosing battle. I you have reg GT40 heads available, they are better anyway. After that.. hell a well ported set of E7's from Patriot Performance will out flow the GT40p's.... The GT40p's were an Explorer V8 only head trying to add some life into a VERY restrictive engine compartment. The exhaust side revamp was to get as much flow through a crappy exhaust header/manifold location... simple truth.

      * LOVE the tailight panel

      * would like to see full size pics of the dash alterations... might give me some ideas for my King Cobra.

      *promise us you won't do Bullitt/Torque-Thrust wheels! PLEASE DO NOT do that!... lol I think 17" Magnum 500's would look killer!

      keep the updates coming!

      Rob
      Thanks for all the input and comments on the car. I am having a blast with this project. Sadly right now it is on hold. I am in the middle of a couple side jobs. I need that money to continue on the Maverick. Non (well, very little) of the money spent on this car has come from our house bank account. It has all been paid for by doing side work.

      Sometimes it's hard to be proud of things like an 8" rear when reading some of the other builds on here. I am doing what I can with the $$'s I have. I am not ashamed, just can't compete with some of the big dollar stuff.

      The wheel of choice as of right now is Billet Specialties Vintec Dish rims, 17"and 18"ers. I like the classic, timeless look of them. I wouldn't mind Rushforths or something like that, but they are just way out of my price range.

      I will post up better pictures of the dash over the weekend for you. I think it is clean and simple. I like being understated and subtle.

      Quote Originally Posted by streetrods View Post
      The early explorers had the regular GT 40 heads..half way through 97 they went to the P head.. Stock the P heads flow as good as the GT 40's.. headers can be an issue but like the OP said he has more room in his engine bay so he can use 5.0 mustang headers..either the ford racing ones made for it or maybe some 5.0 long tubes..
      I appreciate your comments as well. I am going to look into the Ford Racing headers. As you stated, I have plenty of room now, the only issue being the steering shaft.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com