Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      So it has occurred to me that I have not updated this in a long time, so here goes....

      Engine assembly.....
      Lately I have not made much progress on the Mav. Between work, side jobs to pay for the Mav. and doing a little work on my 47 I haven't been able to spend much time on the car itself.

      What I have been doing lately is putting together my first engine build myself! I have had my brother in law guiding me through the process, but I have done everything myself, and it feels good. I have done engione work here and there before, but never a complete build. On this car I wamted to be able to say that I built the entire car. The only other thing I will have to farm out is the seat upholstery.

      So here we have a 1989 Mustang 5.0. When it came out it was a really good clean strong running engine. It had 192k on the clock. But during disassembly we were quite impressed with how clean it was inside. It must have been a very nicely taken care of car. I did send the block and the crank out to be checked. The cylinders only needed to be honed, and the crank turned .10. I have added GT40P heads, an E cam and a 94-95 Cobra intake. I also picked up a March Serp. system for it.



      The long block is all ready to go. The water pump and pulley set up are just mounted up to check it all out and see how everything fits together. I am now beginning to reget the Cobra intake as I am just now learning that the throttle body I have doesn't fit a 94-95 intake. Can you hear that sound..............that is the sound of more money flying out the door

      Looks good I think so far though!!



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com