Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      More progress today. A good friend is letting me borrow his rottisorie. I have it for 6 weeks. I better make good use of the time! Today I got it set up, which took a bit longer than I expected. Not easy to do by yourself. I think the car looks really solid under there. With a bit of elbow grease and some paint the underside should look good. I still need to pull the rear end in order to get the car to rotate further. I will do that during the week, then start the cleaning. I wonder if I should rent a steam cleaner to help with all the grease?? Any suggestions?? Other than a few gallons of wax and grease remover. I was thinking about oven cleaner, it is supposed to be a degreaser right??

      Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I made a new front crossmember to clean up the engine compartment a little more. The big front crossmember isn't really needed as big anymore without the front strut arms going through it. Since I have installed the R&C front end. This is made of 2x2 square tubing. And before some start to question it's ability, I consulted with a friend that is a structural engineer. He thinks it should be fine in this situation.


      6 weeks to go, and the count down begins.... tick tock...tick tock.....

      Attached Images Attached Images        



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com