Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Nice! Does the car match your original vision?
      So, that is an interesting question, and of course is hard to answer with a simple yes or no.

      The original plan with this car was a simple driver, a $5k budget. Nice paint and an engine trans swap. That all went sideways within the first 30 days when I ordered the custom front suspension! After that I had to really soul search and come up with what my vision really was now. What was the plan? I put all those thoughts and ides rolling through my head and had this rendering done. In the end the car is almost 100% matching to it other than the side stripes. I changed them because a few years ago Ford started putting the Boss stripes on everything from new Mustangs to F150 pick ups. They became too common and very blasé now. So instead I decided to do my version of the Shelby GT350 stripes.

      I'm now over 1500 labor hours and the money, well I am at least 5 times the original plan. Had I had to pay for labor, holy hell I could not have afforded the car!



      This rendering was done 5 years ago. So I ask you, how close did i hit the target?




      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com