Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      181
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      So today was an incredible day for me. After all these years of working away on the car I was able to, with the help of my wife, hang all the sheet metal parts. After that I bolted the taillights, fuel filler, grille and headlight bezels on. I did all this to make sure everything still fit as I had planned. It is amazing that no matter how many times you assemble and test fit it all when in primer, the second you take it apart for paint, boom, it does'y fit right anymore.

      I am happy to report that other than a couple extremely minor tweaks everything still looks great!

      The first, and my most cherished picture is my daughters reaction to seeing it outside when she got home from horseback riding today. I already had it outside, the kid was bouncing in her seat as they came up the driveway. It was priceless. Good thing I have a year and a half before she gets her drivers license. I get to use it for a little while before turning it over to her.



      After that, I was able to get some pictures of it when the sun was shining........







      I put the dash back in as well as I will need it to line up the stripes when I put the car back in the booth for the hood stripes. Also, this is the console I will be using, but recovering in black.





      Don't know if the plate is a better description of the car or her!!








      After seeing the car outside I have decided to black out the front of the radiator support. Too much blue showing through for me. Also, the headlight bezels will get painted black.



      Looks Amazing!! Super close color to what i painted my 66 mustang a few weeks ago!!!
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      And here are the fenders and trunk lid...........












      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com