Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast
    Results 261 to 280 of 530
    1. #261
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful color, and project. Nice work!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    2. #262
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      This car is turning out really nice!! Good work.

    3. #263
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      34
      Country Flag: United States
      Love love LOVE that shade of blue!
      Project "Stealth" - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-two-NYC-guys!

      1971 Oldsmobile 442

    4. #264
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Thank you all for the very positive comments and feedback. It certainly helps to motivate and push on. I will continue to update as I go.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    5. #265
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Six hours today in the shop sanding the Mav. I got the driver side all blocked and ready for final primer. I am happy with the gaps and the panel alignment down the side, the horizontal line form panel to panel is looking great blocking from one panel into the other.

















      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    6. #266
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      I've seen that same size of pile before. It takes lots of time for things to be right. Good progress!

    7. #267
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      163
      Country Flag: United States
      i may have missed it, but what is the color? PPG I'm guessing? got the name or code?
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

      Future coyote

    8. #268
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by justin51986 View Post
      i may have missed it, but what is the color? PPG I'm guessing? got the name or code?
      It is PPG waterbase that I am using, but any company and paint line will have it. I am using a Chrysler color code PQD, called Surf Blue. It is a current color for several models.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    9. #269
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      163
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      It is PPG waterbase that I am using, but any company and paint line will have it. I am using a Chrysler color code PQD, called Surf Blue. It is a current color for several models.
      thanks a lot! beautiful color! i may have to get some for some test panels. I planned on using PPG Blue Heaven on my mustang from their Vibrance collection, but this color may change my mind!
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

      Future coyote

    10. #270
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      38
      Country Flag: Canada
      I just read the whole thread, very nice... I wanted to read about someone with a tighter engine compartment then my Falcon, too bad you didn't use a 351w...then it woulda really got interesting...



      Fantastic build


    11. #271
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Time to play a little catch up......

      I bought a new trunk lid from maverick Man. This is a carbon fiber lid with an extended and integrated spoiler. The part fit well, but not quite as good as I would want. So, I "adjusted" the gaps.






      The gap for the quarter extension was too tight, so I cut it and moved it to where it needed to be.








      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    12. #272
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      With that done I decided since the trunk lid looked so good having no seem to the spoiler, the end caps needed to be bonded to the quarters.











      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    13. #273
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Now it was time to get some parts painted. Got the dash, custom made gauge bezel, custom made lower dash panel, steering column, and the heater control plate painted.












      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    14. #274
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Now back onto the dash. I brought it home from the shop and then sanded just the top section down. Bolted it back in the car and then played out the stripes on the hood and cowl as I plan to do. I then continued the stripe from the cowl onto the dash. Then the dash came back out and back to the booth. I masked it up and sprayed the stripe color, then cleared the top section.

      All these parts will now be sanded down once again and cleared again in a matte finish (low gloss) clear.












      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    15. #275
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good. I'm always amazed at how much time and effort it takes to make anything really good. Every single thing has to be touched. You're headed in the right direction.

    16. #276
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      London, Ontario
      Posts
      294
      Awesome as usual!

      73 Maverick Grabber Project

      My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

    17. #277
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      134
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Now back onto the dash. I brought it home from the shop and then sanded just the top section down. Bolted it back in the car and then played out the stripes on the hood and cowl as I plan to do. I then continued the stripe from the cowl onto the dash. Then the dash came back out and back to the booth. I masked it up and sprayed the stripe color, then cleared the top section.

      All these parts will now be sanded down once again and cleared again in a matte finish (low gloss) clear.









      Love the stripe idea. Nice detail work on the finish. Your hard work is paying off.

    18. #278
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It looks great! Nice work.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    19. #279
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Rancho Murieta
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow, first time seeing this build thread and I'm really impressed! Love the colors and the car their going on. Keep up the great work, can't wait for more progress pictures!
      93 RCSB GMC Sonoma Tubular Ub Machine UCA's, 3" Belltech coils, 3" Summit Racing leafs, ZQ8 front and rear sway bars,trans am steering box, KYB-Gr2 shocks, 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE760, Eagle 212 17X8".

    20. #280
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Jefferson City, MO
      Posts
      240
      That is one bad ass build you've got going there! Keep it up!

    Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com