Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742

      Happy New Year!!!!

      I have spent the majority of the weekend working on the hood and grill shell of a 32 Ford coupe I had done in October. The guy had yet to fit everything up so I was just getting to those parts. Having a long weekend helped me get the done and out of the way.



      I wish I had been able to spend the four day weekend working on my car. I do have the outer wheel house area fixed and fitted to the quarter properly. I will post pictures at a later date of what was done to the outer wheel house.

      While killing time between coats of primer on the 32 parts I played around with some fine line tape to get an idea of what I am going to do on the stripes of my car.

      Here you can see I have a basic 70 Boss Mustang style stripe layout. Very similar to the Brazilian stripe, but it runs a little higher up the fender.




      For the hood I am again going to buck the trend and change the factory Grabber stripe. Here I have laid it out as a single stripe.




      Here I did a separation, but not all the way down the center. So instead of being two separate stripes it is still one, but with less mass in the center. In this one the center point is rounded a bit....





      And on this one the center comes to more of a point to try and match up what the very leading edge of the hood has.








      I am interested in some of your thoughts on the stripes? Anyone care to share their preference?

      Glenn



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com