Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast
    Results 241 to 260 of 530
    1. #241
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      That front end looks killer! Really awesome job you are doing.

      You are right about the hood... Sort of. Not sure its so much the hood as it is the entire body. If yours was anything like mine, there were some pretty serious panel alignment issues. LOL

      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon


    2. #242
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      ohio
      Posts
      1,135
      Country Flag: United States
      wow looks good...i missed what mirriors they are.... i like them
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

    3. #243
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      That front end looks killer! Really awesome job you are doing.

      You are right about the hood... Sort of. Not sure its so much the hood as it is the entire body. If yours was anything like mine, there were some pretty serious panel alignment issues. LOL
      Like I said, not busting on the hood specifically. I don;t think it is perfect, but then again neither was the Ford Maverick. Thanks though......

      Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      wow looks good...i missed what mirriors they are.... i like them
      Mirrors are from Vision Hot Rod Concepts. They have a few styles to choose from.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    4. #244
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      OREGON
      Posts
      364
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome updates can't wait to see this thing done..

    5. #245
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      4,210
      Country Flag: United States
      Keep up the good work! Nice job so far!

      Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

    6. #246
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      That is a very cool maverick!

    7. #247
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
      Awesome updates can't wait to see this thing done..
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyHuntimerRaceHome View Post
      Keep up the good work! Nice job so far!

      Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      That is a very cool maverick!
      Thank you all for the feedback. I am having a ball with this project. I am loving that this entire build is being done by me in my garage. Although, yes I am borrowing a spray booth for the paint, I am the one pulling the trigger. The only things on this car that will be done by someone else are, the transmission was built by a friend, and the upholstery. That's it. The rest is all home grown.

      Thanks again,
      Glenn



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    8. #248
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Kennewick, WA
      Posts
      258
      Country Flag: United States
      I was not a fan of the mirrors the first time I saw them but with it all in primer they look right at home. It's going to be a very nice ride when you're done with it. I'm hoping to get started on mine this fall and will be going along just as you are, home built. I'll do most all of it myself with the exception of the interior and possibly the paint. I have no where to shoot it and just marginal experience with a gun.


    9. #249
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      I know I haven't updated this thread in a while, but that is because for the winter I changed directions and did a quick make over on my Deuce coupe.

      Now back on the Maverick I have been busy. I finished up the engine compartment, and got it all painted. This is the final body color, but with a PPG matte clear here. The outside will be full gloss.

      Also got all the new suspension in it, as well as the 13" brakes at all four corners. Then bolted on the 17" front and 18" rear tires and rolled it outside. First time the car has been on the ground since 2009.








      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    10. #250
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      463
      LOVE the color.

      Nice work!
      chunger

      '68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

    11. #251
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      London, Ontario
      Posts
      294
      I really, really, really like it, but you know that already.

      73 Maverick Grabber Project

      My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

    12. #252
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Posts
      1
      Country Flag: United States
      Any new updates on this beautiful project! I love your work I'm slowly building a 70 maverick

    13. #253
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Wartrace, Tn.
      Posts
      116
      Really loving everything about this car. Great color choice, and the gloss body with matte engine compartment is a nice subtle touch.
      I know you were still thinking about building a raised spoiler in the future, but I really think what you came up here is just right. The entire car has a "subtle cool" vibe going on, and the current spoiler continues that theme.

      Can't wait to see more progress, and a completed car.

    14. #254
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Kennewick, WA
      Posts
      258
      Country Flag: United States
      I can help a little on the updates, he has posted some on the Maverick forums. It's going to be a damn nice car once it's finished!

      http://mmb.maverick.to/threads/proje....70006/page-34

      http://mmb.maverick.to/threads/proje....70006/page-35


    15. #255
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      I can help a little on the updates, he has posted some on the Maverick forums. It's going to be a damn nice car once it's finished!

      http://mmb.maverick.to/threads/proje....70006/page-34

      http://mmb.maverick.to/threads/proje....70006/page-35
      Thanks Dave, I didn't realize there were responses to this thread looking for updates. I guess I should pay more attention.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    16. #256
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Here are a few pictures to bring us all up to date..........


      The car is in primer here, and the stripes is just tape as I was playing with ideas.











      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    17. #257
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      And as I got some parts ready I started letting the paint fly...........

      This is all being done in PPG Envirobase. The rest of the car will have D8152 Glamour clear, but these parts are cleared with Ceramic clear to keep the chipping down.








      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    18. #258
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Indpls, IN
      Posts
      612
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow! It's going to be BadAss

    19. #259
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      135
      Country Flag: United States
      Hurry up and finish the damn thing, the wait is killing me . . . . . . Just kidding, can't wait to see it painted, gonna be awesome

    20. #260
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great! I love the color and the subtle body mods.

    Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com