Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 10 of 10

    Thread: Newbie from FL

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      Posts
      44

      Newbie from FL

      Hello all,
      My name is Kevin and I'm currently serving in the US Air Force in Afghanistan. I have a 73 Nova. I started to build it as a Pro-Tourer but got sidetracked into drag racing. It is fun but it's very limiting as far as enjoying the car in any other way. So now it's going back to Pro-Touring. Currently it has a 355 w/vortec heads, 10.5:1 comp, hyd roller LT4 hot cam, TH350 w/3500 stall, 10bolt with 4.10's and welded rear diff, and 17X8 Boyd Magneatos w/ 245/45's all around. Suspension includes PST coils with one coil cut off, Poly bushings throughout, 1 1/8 front, 3/4 rear sway bars, KYB gas adjust shocks, and 126 in/lb 4-leaf rear springs. Future plans call for an LT1 T56, limited slip rear, Guldstrand mod, third gen camaro steering conversion, upgraded brakes, and the largest tires I can fit under it without cutting the body. I have attached a few pics of before and after paint. Thanks for all the great info that I have discovered here on the site and I will be visiting it often to see what else I can learn about making my car more fun and driveable.
      I have two questions for people on here besides the future mods: Does anyone know where I can get taillight gaskets and a straight rear bumper??

      Attached Images Attached Images      


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      1,948
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, what base are you at (here in FL)?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      2,391
      Country Flag: United States

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      Posts
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Welcome, what base are you at (here in FL)?
      Hurlburt Field. I see you are in Crestucky.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      europe
      Posts
      666
      Welcome!
      Jeff J. aka JJ

      1969 Camaro
      1952 Chevy Truck

      wir müssen Leben bis wir Sterben...

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      Be safe and contact when you get back. There are several of us that frequent this board who live in this area. I just started terminal (retiring) so I don't have to worry about going back to that area of the world (have way TOO much time living in that country).
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    8. #8
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      Posts
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Be safe and contact when you get back. There are several of us that frequent this board who live in this area. I just started terminal (retiring) so I don't have to worry about going back to that area of the world (have way TOO much time living in that country).
      Chris,
      Congrats on retirement, I only got 3 years left myself. Also, thanks to everyone else for the welcome to the site.
      Kevin
      73 Nova
      355/TH350 (soon to be T56)
      07 Trailblazer SS AWD
      Stock (for now)

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      636
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome from miami
      "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com