Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

How to remove play in c-clips

I was wondering if anybody had a suggestion on removing the play when running c-clips. I need to reduce the in and out movement as much as possible. I haven't heard any ways other than measuring the c-clips and running the thickest ones I can find, but that could take quite a bit of time and money since most places don't tock these!

1968 Camaro Crossram EFI 385, TKO 600 fully REMed. 594 hp/576 tq-ft. ATX spindles, Speedtech control arms, Chassis Works G-Link on 12 bolt with REMed gears, Chassis Works mini tubs, 245/40-17 front, 335/35-17 rear.

What differetnial do you have? If it's a clutch type limited slip (posi) then you can shim or replace the clutches and reduce the axle end play. As the clutches wear the axle end play will increase.

Country Flag: United States
      It is a 4-series GM eaton.
      1968 Camaro Crossram EFI 385, TKO 600 fully REMed. 594 hp/576 tq-ft. ATX spindles, Speedtech control arms, Chassis Works G-Link on 12 bolt with REMed gears, Chassis Works mini tubs, 245/40-17 front, 335/35-17 rear.

Shim or replace the clutches. If the clutches are still good then shim them. If the clutches are worn out then replace and shim them. I rebuilt one about 3 days ago and shimmed it so tight that the cross shaft wouldn't go back in. I had to remove some shims from the clutches so I could get the axles in and put the cross shaft back in. It has about .005 clearance now.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com