Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Oh, i want to go so bad! It being on a Friday might kill it though... Will have to speak with my boss about this one, good thing he's a car guy!

The Stig, time to get BUSY!
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Orngcrush69 View Post
      You'd be better off renting a garage at the track and sleeping in it as well. You'll get more sleep and your car will be safer.
      Where can I get info on renting a garage?
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

Any questions you have about the track or garage rental ($80/day the last time I rented one) Buttonwillow Raceway 661-764-5333. They're really nice...even when they have to kick you out.
      Dave H.

Get ready for this!
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Dave H.

My friend John signed up yesterday. If he wants to share a garage it might make more sense for he and I to get one, and Dave gets one to share with someone else. With all the people there we can easily use 2-3 garages. I'll let you know ASAP Dave.

David and Mary should not be doing all of the food. How about some pot luck? I don't want to step into Mary's culinary basket of tricks so I'll wait for her to say what would be good for us to bring.
      Last edited by CarlC; 09-03-2009 at 10:29 PM.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

So far we have:

1. Carl Casanova
      2. Dave H.
      3. Don CurtiSS
      4. Mike Kelcy
      5. John "Torker"

To signup:

Mary Pozzi
      Rogue
      Jon Rasmussen

Regards

CurtiSS 69

I reserved Garage #4, 3-1 are still open. Come on Mary, pull the trigger and sign up!
      Dave H.

Quote Originally Posted by Orngcrush69 View Post
      I reserved Garage #4, 3-1 are still open. Come on Mary, pull the trigger and sign up!
      I am. Need to see if Steve and James are in ...

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Alright... Nitto 01's installed, had to roll the fenders a bit more to make sure they don't rub, Hawk HP+ brake pad on (nosy little ****s), oil changed (synthitic on sale), carb re-jet'ed, and a new battery. OK I'm ready!!!
      Dave H.

One more guy for the list. Dave N. with an '08 C6. Garage #3 reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      One more guy for the list. Dave N. with an '08 C6. Garage #3 reserved.
      That's great Carl. I was talking with Kyle Newman of Newman Car Creations and he is looking at running his '57 Chevy wagon with C4 suspension with us! It should be a good mix of cars. It also appears as there are no "$15 late fees" for this event either, so it's still $99 for those still on the fence. For others not ready to do a track event come on out and see what it is like.

So far we have:

1. Carl Casanova
      2. Dave H.
      3. Don CurtiSS
      4. Mike Kelcy
      5. John "Torker"
      6. Dave N.

To signup:

Mary Pozzi
      Rogue
      Jon Rasmussen
      Kyle Newman

Regards

CurtiSS 69

......moved up to Point-By.

I'm in ... registered for Point-By.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

I did Point-by as well. I've never ran with this club before so I just guessed on the level of racing... looking forward to seeing everyone!
      Dave H.

So what's the deal for Thursday evening at the track? I, along with John, plan on being at the track well before the 6:00pm closing of the gates. I have a small portable grill that I can bring.

We're leaving Salinas around noon on Thursday and should be at the track no later than 3:30 pm. I'm planning on getting some ribs and heating them up on a portable grill. We'll need the following ... baked beans, garlic bread, salad and fixin's, a dessert (Costco apple pie??) and liquid libations (sodas, water, wine, beer, etc.). We've got plates, utensils, and paper towels. Please bring your grill, Carl ...

All I need is a head count so I don't end up selling leftover ribs on overstock.com. Either that or we have ribs for breakfast and lunch on Friday, too.

If anyone wants to stay at the track and sleeping bag it, my enclosed trailer is available for Thursday night. The track has bathrooms and showers.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

I'm coming in Friday morning from Fresno. Is there camping Friday night as well?
      Dave H.

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      We're leaving Salinas around noon on Thursday and should be at the track no later than 3:30 pm. I'm planning on getting some ribs and heating them up on a portable grill. We'll need the following ... baked beans, garlic bread, salad and fixin's, a dessert (Costco apple pie??) and liquid libations (sodas, water, wine, beer, etc.). We've got plates, utensils, and paper towels. Please bring your grill, Carl ...

All I need is a head count so I don't end up selling leftover ribs on overstock.com. Either that or we have ribs for breakfast and lunch on Friday, too.

If anyone wants to stay at the track and sleeping bag it, my enclosed trailer is available for Thursday night. The track has bathrooms and showers.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      Is it possible to attend the Thursday evening BBQ and still sleep at a motel, or is the track locked up?

You may want to call the track Mike. They told me last week that they lock the gates at 6:00pm.

There are others that are coming that are hotel'in it and want to come to the grub fest at the track. If the track closes the gates at 6:00pm check to see if it's possible to walk in. I know that a friend of mine is trailering his car and wants to leave it at the track Thursday night, attend the grub fest, and hit the hotel afterwards. Perhaps some carpooling can be arranged.

John and I are in for baked beans and apple pie(s). Do you need a pot to heat them up Mary?
      Last edited by CarlC; 09-22-2009 at 02:00 PM.

NOTE: I just called Buttonwillow about the access to the BBQ-gate issue and they said that the Northern California club hasn't made any arrangements for camping at the track and, unless that changes, there will be no camping at the track. If camping at the track is permitted, the gate will be manned all night.

I don't know if folks were planning on stowing away at the track, but those of you planning on camping might want to look into this.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com