Results 1 to 13 of 13
Hybrid View
-
06-11-2009 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
- Location
- SoCal
- Posts
- 6
new to site..... help me restore my 66
Hello everyone!!! i just stumbled onto this forum while doing some research on restoring my 66 Mustang GT coupe and realized this is where i need to be. Its a good vibe here with lots of good info and people willing to help. I'm a member at CLUBLEXUS with my GS400 and although it is a great site, the people there just cant help me with the mustang. I hope that wont be the case here...........
cliffnotes version about the history of me and my car:
I turned 16 on july 6 1998. Got my license on july 8 and picked up my car on July 10. It was sitting in my uncles garage for 8 years. The motor was strong (original 289), the paint was flawless, the body had no dents or dings, the interior didn't have a single tear, and no rust on all of the chrome pieces.... she was perfect!
I have it for 1 week... then i got into an accident and totaled my dads mitsu galant. As punishment... the mustang stayed in the garage for another 2 years!
Finally, senior year high school and i get to enjoy her!!! Then when i graduated high school in June 2000, I park her on the driveway, turned it off, covered it with a car-cover......................... then fast forward 9 years. And here we are... haha thats right guys, i parked the car 9 years ago and just forgot about it.
Now june 2009.... several hondas, a 240sx, and 2 Lexus' later... i finally have my own place with room to work my mustang. So i towed her here and the fun begins.
I still have to scan the photos i have from 2000. Digital cameras were like $1,000 back then....
I do have pictures of how she looks now... and its not pretty.
she found her way to the side of the house over the years...

yeah, theres a mustang in there somewhere...

here she is....

9 years of sitting.

Well, thats my story. I hope you guys can help me get her back to her glory days.
Now can someone point me to the build/tech section. I have a feeling i'm gonna be spending a lot of my time in there.................





Reply With Quote