Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 19 of 19
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57

      New with 67 Dart and 82 Chev short box

      Hi Guys

      I will be finishing up my 82 Chev pick up and then starting on a 67 Dart Post ...anyone else around Winnipeg?

      Marty



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      The truck....you guys will kick me off the board because I'm going to get rid of the 20's and go back to 15" x 8" rallys this summer!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lake Tillery NC
      Posts
      841
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum. Nice truck
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Iceland
      Posts
      896
      Country Flag: Iceland

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      Thanks for the welcome!
      I will be starting the Dart this fall, I want it set up to handle good and go hard on a real world budget. I'm looking at the altercation front and lynx rear from RMS with air bags. I have a 340 ready to go but I think I will leave it on the engine stand in the shop as a conversion piece and get a 3G Hemi.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Location
      Fontana, CA
      Posts
      4,960
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum Marty. Nobody's booting anyone for going down from 20s. Nice truck.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      Welcome to the forum Marty. Nobody's booting anyone for going down from 20s. Nice truck.
      Thanks! I like the look of the 20's but the truck rides really bad with them, the last straw came when one of the new rear shocks blew when it went over a set of railway tracks. I think I'll put 17" or 18" wheels on the Dart.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Central, Ky
      Posts
      315
      more pics of said dart...
      2003 Crewcab Dually Dirtymax

      1980 Malibu...6.0 LSx turbo on the stand.

      2000 SS th400 little juice

      2002 C5 glide swap, motor shopping

      1970 Nova... still waiting.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67autocross View Post
      The truck....you guys will kick me off the board because I'm going to get rid of the 20's and go back to 15" x 8" rallys this summer!
      I actually really like the 15x8 rallies! Painting them black or body color (both would look good)?

      And +1 on pics of the Dart!
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      Quote Originally Posted by BLWN1 View Post
      more pics of said dart...
      The old Dart is stored at a friends shop about 200km (120miles) it is a rust free 67 2 door post. It has not seen the light of day in years, so it's it's a great starting point for a project.
      It's not going to be a show type car,I want to paint it in a flat color and keep the options and weight to a minimum. I learned after I had the truck all painted up nice that it takes a lot of the fun out of using it. You can leave it sitting in a parking lot because your worried about it getting a door ding, and spinning the tires every chance you get is no fun when rocks are chipping the paint.
      As soon as I get the car back home I'll post a picture, right now I don't have any.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      Quote Originally Posted by subtlez28 View Post
      I actually really like the 15x8 rallies! Painting them black or body color (both would look good)?

      And +1 on pics of the Dart!
      Not sure on the color, I was going to put some cragar soft 8 steels on it, they are black and I think they would look nice. All I know is unless I put air bags in it to soften up the suspension I won't be rollin on 20's.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Long Island NY
      Posts
      189
      Very cool on the Dart. Good choice and welcome!

      Peter Bergman
      71 Dart GT, Stroker SB, Built For The Turns!

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      west springfield, ma
      Posts
      249
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome, sounds like its gonna be one cool dart

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      Quote Originally Posted by GMachineDartGT View Post
      Very cool on the Dart. Good choice and welcome!
      Thanks for the welcome! I like your purple dart, I had a 71 Plymouth Valiant in that color. It was set up as a drag car with wheel tubs and super stock springs and the little front tires, after one summer on the street the whole drag race thing got old and I sold the car.

      Don't you work at VX? I sure wish they would make a bit more A body items.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      Quote Originally Posted by joe440 View Post
      welcome, sounds like its gonna be one cool dart
      Thanks, your cross ram monster is looking good!

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      west springfield, ma
      Posts
      249
      Country Flag: United States
      thanks

      Quote Originally Posted by 67autocross View Post

      Don't you work at VX? I sure wish they would make a bit more A body items.
      quoted for truth!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      The truck out at a local autocross killin cones and tires.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Winnipeg
      Posts
      57
      One more




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com