Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 32 of 32
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Westminster, MD
      Posts
      579
      Country Flag: United States
      Love it, don't see many of them these days..friend had one when I was in highschool with a 4-speed. It did ok w/ the 305 (that's what I think it had) backed by the 4-speed. If the engine runs good, I'd do the exhaust and focus elsewhere on the car (wheels, brakes, body, etc. if needed). Is it an auto or 4-speed car? Nice project!

      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

      ‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

      '91 Formula, pending track day build



    2. #22
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      89
      The cars got automatic. TH350 i guess.Havent checked though.
      I agree on keeping the engine stock, and focus on the rest first. There`s some rust in the rear quarters that needs attention, Then a descent paint job should do the trick. Some larger rims and tires wouldnt hurt either, but we`ll see..
      Frank Jacobsen
      Norway


      1969 Camaro sport coupe
      1967 Camaro RS
      1967 Biscayne "427" clone x2
      1951 Chevy 3100 truck
      www.muskelbil.no
      www.bilhogg.com

      Frank M Jacobsen

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      136
      Engine runs well now, tested it today : )

      - Andreas Unes, Norway.
      1978 Chevolet Monza Spyder (first-car project)

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Posts
      60
      Neat project, I don't see many of those where I am.

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      136
      Thinking of moving the Dynamo so i can run the wires beside the engine, not ontop of it :p Also thinking to take off the waterpump and servo to clean em up and re-paint them and change the gaskets/sealings just to be sure it's 100% waterproof ^^
      - Andreas Unes, Norway.
      1978 Chevolet Monza Spyder (first-car project)

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      4,709
      Country Flag: United States
      I have a 77 With a V8 if you need to know anything about Monzas let me know I can point you in proper direction.
      I can let you in on some ways to upgrade the brakes, rear end and such.
      I have buit 2 an half Monzas so far, working on getting my 77 Up and running.
      As for headers several companies make hearers and manifolds for them.
      I use the Hooker headers and for the record the other version I was told have been discontinued. The ones I have rune the rear tube through the brake line holes.
      THe 5 lug up grade uses S10/Gbody spindles and require adapter from Bob Gumm from over on V8monza.com.
      He also sells motor mounts but they wont fit with some headers.
      I made a swing arm suspension from a 2 wd S10 rear end and cut down leaf springs.
      Email me and Ill give you my cell and you can call me and we can talk Monzas and Ill try to get some clear pics for you.
      And actually for me I really believe that a 4wd rear end might fit better ,just havent had money to get another one.
      Long story, get in touch and Ill help all I can.
      OH and do not throw away those brackets for air and alt and such, I can supply you with different brackets if you really want.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE
      [email protected]

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      136
      Quote Originally Posted by MonzaRacer View Post
      I have a 77 With a V8 if you need to know anything about Monzas let me know I can point you in proper direction.
      I can let you in on some ways to upgrade the brakes, rear end and such.
      I have buit 2 an half Monzas so far, working on getting my 77 Up and running.
      As for headers several companies make hearers and manifolds for them.
      I use the Hooker headers and for the record the other version I was told have been discontinued. The ones I have rune the rear tube through the brake line holes.
      THe 5 lug up grade uses S10/Gbody spindles and require adapter from Bob Gumm from over on V8monza.com.
      He also sells motor mounts but they wont fit with some headers.
      I made a swing arm suspension from a 2 wd S10 rear end and cut down leaf springs.
      Email me and Ill give you my cell and you can call me and we can talk Monzas and Ill try to get some clear pics for you.
      And actually for me I really believe that a 4wd rear end might fit better ,just havent had money to get another one.
      Long story, get in touch and Ill help all I can.
      OH and do not throw away those brackets for air and alt and such, I can supply you with different brackets if you really want.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE
      [email protected]
      I'll see if i got enough money on the cellphone to call Would love some information : )
      - Andreas Unes, Norway.
      1978 Chevolet Monza Spyder (first-car project)

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Den Helder, the Netherlands
      Posts
      1,148
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Quote Originally Posted by Andreasu View Post
      I'll see if i got enough money on the cellphone to call Would love some information : )
      Why don't you use the regular phone and call one of those operators that lets you call for .02 Euro/min to States? We have a couple of companies here in the Netherlands that supply us that service and I would be surprised when there are no such companies in Norway. Besides that you could also use Skype or phone thru internet . . .

      You need to control both your income and your expenses, my young friend!

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      136
      Wish my dad would let me use then regular phone ; )
      - Andreas Unes, Norway.
      1978 Chevolet Monza Spyder (first-car project)

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Den Helder, the Netherlands
      Posts
      1,148
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Maybe you can convince him when you show him how cheap it is and that you will reimburse him?

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      136
      We'll see : ) thanks for the tip
      - Andreas Unes, Norway.
      1978 Chevolet Monza Spyder (first-car project)

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Washington, MO
      Posts
      2,363
      Kickass project - Good luck!

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com