Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 87

    Thread: '77 Impala

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      48

      '77 Impala

      Hi all,

      My first attempt at posting anything about my car so here goes.

      I picked this '77 Impala up a couple years back. It had less than 50,000 miles and had pretty much never seen a winter. It was and is a clean car. The great thing about these cars is they are generally inexpensive and the parts available are also inexpensive.

      I had another '78 Caprice (also a 2 door) that was my test project. It got my first attempt at the hydraulic clutch set up and ran fairly well with a 4 speed. It was not a clean example but it started my interest in this platform. It was also a test bed for a lot of the suspension/brakes you see here.

      Here is a list of what I have done:

      Intrax 94-96 Impala lowering springs
      SPC adjustable upper arms (2nd gen Camaro with longer adjuster sleeves) with tall ball joints (thanks to Mark at SC & C)
      '82 F body steering box
      Hydraboost (the diesel Caprice Classics came factory with this)
      '91 9C1 (police package) Rearend and brakes (11" X 2.5" drums)
      4.11 rear gears w/ posi
      '91 stock drive shaft
      Police car 12" front brakes
      '91 sway bar and steering components
      ZZ4 crate motor
      Hedman hedders
      T56 with Hurst shifter
      Weir Hot Rod Products bellhousing and throw out bearing
      15 x 8 inch rally wheels (I have 15 x 10's with 295/50s for the rear but the back spacing is off. I have to order some with about a 1/2" more offset. There is plenty of space to the inside but they touch the fender as is)
      Heater delete with a carbon fiber block off.
      Trunk mounted optima battery
      APC bucket seats

      Here are some pictures.
      Overall


      Interior with bucket seat mounts welded in


      Pedal assembly as put together on the bench


      Stock Hydraboost set up


      Engine bay with SPC arms and suspension in


      Close up of the tall ball joint




      Hydraboost and clutch master cylinder in final location





      Here are the pedals in the car and the shifter location



      Going through my pictures I realize I don't have any of the carbon fiber heater plate in the engine bay. I will get some when I get a chance and add them.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com