Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 22

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      McMurdo Station, Antarctica
      Posts
      211

      Best method for drilling 5 evenly spaced holes. In a circle.

      I am working on my wheel adaptors for my Chevelle and I have a question for you machinist/smart people.

      I have the adaptor sized correctly, now I need to drill and spot face all of the holes for the adaptor. I have two possible methods to do this. First my mill has a digital read out and I could zero the DRO on the center of the adaptor and then use the X-Y coordinates to determine the proper spacing of the holes. Or secondly I have a rotary table for the mill. I could center on the adaptor again and then move out to the C/L of the bolt circle and drill my 5 holes every 72 degrees of rotation.

      Any thoughts on this? I would hope if done correctly they should come out with the same results. Just checking for some suggestions.



      Thanks.
      R.J.
      R.J.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com