Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread: Blower for 351?
-
08-08-2008 #1
New to Pro-Touring
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Posts
- 10
Blower for 351?
Hey people,
I'm new to the forum but figured I'd sign up seeing how I've got a 66' Mustang Coupe Project I am going to be starting sometime in the future. I want to use a 351 Windsor, probably stroked to 401 or so and I also want to blow it. Anyone know of a good roots style blower for that motor? I've found a centrifugal set up, but you gotta have that blower that sticks out of the hood if you're doing old school American muscle. I've got my entire build in my head, now I just need to find the means of making it all fit.
Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.
-
08-08-2008 #2Dyers has a kit available for 351W, listed on their price sheet here:
http://www.dyersblowers.com/1694.html
BDS should be able to do it as a custom build too, they only show a 460 for off-the-shelf stuff.
http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/ca...pany_id=101011
I imagine that the Holley / Weiand kit for the 302 could be made to work with intake spacers from Price Motorsports, and a longer belt. But it's only a 144 blower, so you would likely want one with more capacity than that for a stroker engine.
cheers
Ed N.
EDIT: add infoEd Nicholson
73 VW Super Beetle "Sports Bug"
95 Taurus SHO 5-speed -- new open-track beater
08-08-2008 #3
New to Pro-Touring
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Posts
- 10
Thanks Ed, I appreciate it
08-08-2008 #4
Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Location
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Posts
- 337



Reply With Quote