Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: Twin turbo stroker 1973 cuda
Hybrid View
-
02-10-2005 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Posts
- 3
Twin turbo stroker 1973 cuda
I am getting ready to twin turbo my cuda it has a 398 cubic inch smallblock with a r1 block, brodix heads, brc crank ect........anyone ever done anything like this. I could use some insight
-
02-12-2005 #2Info
You might wanna check this out...Twin turbed cuda makes 1st passes.
Finally go to the track today. great crowd and saw a few othe turbocars while I was there... Here was the results...
1st pass.7.95@94 mph, 12.07@120
last and fastest pass..7.35@97mph, 11.38@122
Made two in between and got faster every pass. Kept adding fuel. really liked it...Leaving really easy so it would not sputter..1.72 was best 60 ft. All passes were pulling 7psi in 1st, 10 in 2nd and 11-12 in high... The boost creep problem appears to have gone away. I moved my reference lines from the bonnet to the turbo housings....20deg total..
I was pretty happy and 10's are only a hard launch and tuning away.
http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/...php?forumid=21
Hope this helps,
Mike
02-15-2005 #3
Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Posts
- 3
Well presision turbo gave me a price of bout 9500 for a large single turbo setup good up to 1500 hp. Thats not including headers and tubing, but it did include fuel injection and all electricals for the installation
02-15-2005 #4damn dude sounds like you need to pave the way for a kit and DIY one up. Just keep researching theres stuff out there, seems that the hardest part is getting A GOOD set of exhaust manifolds the rest is cheese
Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!
02-16-2005 #5Diy
I am building a twin turbo setup for my vette...lots of mandrel bent tube, picking things up from e bay and other places and I am thinking I will have 2800 into my setup and it should give me 800 hp. If I want more I will have to upgrade the turbos, everything else is sized for up to 1200 hp. Still a month or so from the test drive.
Mike
02-16-2005 #6Did you build your own headers???
Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!
02-17-2005 #7headers
For now I just used some block hugger headers that are mild steel. I want to see how it all works and I already see a few changes I want to make in it and after I make sure things work the way I want I will go back and redo the hotside outta stainless. I figgured it wont be near as hard to redo out of stainless cause the design will be worked out and mild steel is cheap and easy to work with, you dont feel so bad cutting up a 13 dollar u bend vs a 30 dollar stainless elbow. All in all it is coming together good, with my design I will be able to retain all my acessories...momma likes her a/c lol.
Mike
03-24-2005 #8There is a person on the Moparts board called FEETS that did a homemade twin turbo Belvedere. Hi Po fuel injection is pretty rare for Mopars but there are a number who have the courage to work thru this
03-24-2005 #9Check this out, Good info;
http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/...php?forumid=21





Reply With Quote



