Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      3

      Twin turbo stroker 1973 cuda

      I am getting ready to twin turbo my cuda it has a 398 cubic inch smallblock with a r1 block, brodix heads, brc crank ect........anyone ever done anything like this. I could use some insight



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      187

      Info

      You might wanna check this out...Twin turbed cuda makes 1st passes.
      Finally go to the track today. great crowd and saw a few othe turbocars while I was there... Here was the results...

      1st pass.7.95@94 mph, 12.07@120
      last and fastest pass..7.35@97mph, 11.38@122

      Made two in between and got faster every pass. Kept adding fuel. really liked it...Leaving really easy so it would not sputter..1.72 was best 60 ft. All passes were pulling 7psi in 1st, 10 in 2nd and 11-12 in high... The boost creep problem appears to have gone away. I moved my reference lines from the bonnet to the turbo housings....20deg total..

      I was pretty happy and 10's are only a hard launch and tuning away.

      http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/...php?forumid=21

      Hope this helps,
      Mike

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      3
      Well presision turbo gave me a price of bout 9500 for a large single turbo setup good up to 1500 hp. Thats not including headers and tubing, but it did include fuel injection and all electricals for the installation

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Bedford TX
      Posts
      634
      damn dude sounds like you need to pave the way for a kit and DIY one up. Just keep researching theres stuff out there, seems that the hardest part is getting A GOOD set of exhaust manifolds the rest is cheese
      Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      187

      Diy

      I am building a twin turbo setup for my vette...lots of mandrel bent tube, picking things up from e bay and other places and I am thinking I will have 2800 into my setup and it should give me 800 hp. If I want more I will have to upgrade the turbos, everything else is sized for up to 1200 hp. Still a month or so from the test drive.

      Mike

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Bedford TX
      Posts
      634
      Did you build your own headers???
      Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      187

      headers

      For now I just used some block hugger headers that are mild steel. I want to see how it all works and I already see a few changes I want to make in it and after I make sure things work the way I want I will go back and redo the hotside outta stainless. I figgured it wont be near as hard to redo out of stainless cause the design will be worked out and mild steel is cheap and easy to work with, you dont feel so bad cutting up a 13 dollar u bend vs a 30 dollar stainless elbow. All in all it is coming together good, with my design I will be able to retain all my acessories...momma likes her a/c lol.

      Mike

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      27
      There is a person on the Moparts board called FEETS that did a homemade twin turbo Belvedere. Hi Po fuel injection is pretty rare for Mopars but there are a number who have the courage to work thru this

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      27




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com