Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292

      70 chevelle dash board alternative

      wsup fellas

      Could I pick up a junkyard dash and fab it for my chevelle? If so how and what tools will I be needing? I seen somone do it on line somewhere with a dodge dakota dash but I cant find it.

      all comments are welcomed


      thx


      SSG D

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Dayton, Ohio
      Posts
      443
      Country Flag: United States
      Not sure what you're getting at. I recently modified the metal lower half of my mustang's dash. I cut out part of the center section, made a new section and welded it in. I'll be posting pics when I'm done with it and have it assembled again. I've finished the dash itself and am making new face plates for the new area right now.
      Roger

      69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

      Freedom Of Speed!




    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      dayton, oh
      Posts
      952
      i think it depends on what kind of dash you want to use and how handy you are. most newer dashes are composite w/ vinyl covering, and to modify them you will need to know composites and such. if it's metal, you'll need to know how to weld very thin sheet metal.

      check out the Interiors section on here. a bunch of guys are fitting late model dashes into early muscle cars.
      dave.t
      86 Olds 442 - Project If It Ain't Broke, Take It Apart and Fix It
      74 Javelin AMX - stocker

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      im tying to take a dash panel out of a car and put it mines.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      543
      Take a measurement on your dash. Go to a yard and find one you like that's close to the dimensions you need. Fabricate brackets to mount it.

      That's the basics. Then you have to figure out how to hook up the gauges (or fab a new gauge pod and use aftermarket gauges), figure out how to route the ducts to the old a/c/heating elements, and figure out how to run your wiring.

      These are minimal suggestions to get you started. To make it look right could take a lot more work. A lot depends on what dash you select.



      Mathius


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      thx

      Sounds like a tough project with my skill level. Do you have any suggestions for which dash. I am thinking about changing the gauges to autometer, or getting some custom ones made.

      thx

      SSG D

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Posts
      543
      Quote Originally Posted by deeboe78
      thx

      Sounds like a tough project with my skill level. Do you have any suggestions for which dash. I am thinking about changing the gauges to autometer, or getting some custom ones made.

      thx

      SSG D
      No idea, you'd have to take some measurements. I couldn't begin to guess. I bought some Cadillac Catera seats I wanted to fit into my '76 Chevelle, and I was surprised to find that the back seats aren't going to fit without modification. I figured there was no way a Catera was wider than a Chevelle, but apparently on the inside they are.

      Mathius

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      292
      lol. weird. I just installed my procar rally seats and they fit perfect with my stock chevelle console. It seemed like the seats was made for that car. Dang!!! I feel defeated with this dash thing I might just go ahead and get the convan's dash and buy some gauges agghhhhhh!!!!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com