Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Granger , IN
      Posts
      492

      Help to identfy 69 camaro BBC engine mounts

      Does anyone know the factory part#s for the Motor mounts that
      Bolt to the subframe for a 69 camaro ?



      I would appriciate any help with those #s

      I just bought a set and they list as BBC and i checked the ones that were on the frame and they appear to be the same but the part #s are different.

      the old ones still have a GM sticker on them but are not ledgable.

      THANKS .
      JC
      The Voices in my head tell me i need more cars


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Waverly, Kansas
      Posts
      220
      The frame mounts for the 396 big block in 1969 should be as follows:

      Drivers Side: 3980941

      Passenger Side: 3980942

      Motor Mounts: 3990918 (both sides)

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Granger , IN
      Posts
      492
      Thanks Smitty , I figured as much!

      I guess i should of checked it befor i ordered the new ones ...I HAD ORIGINAL BB MOUNTS ON THE FRAME TO BEGIN WITH

      I wish people wouldnt mess cars up so bad.
      It is a real solid 69 convert body and was fully functional to begin with but the car was a mess in all reality.

      its a 69 convert that had a 350sb with a Turbo 400 LONG TAIL and a drive shaft that said CHRYSLER on it. .GO FIGURE!
      and it had GM BBC motor mounts...!

      OH WELL , now its going to be a NEW 461 BBC , New turbo 400 with 2500 stall and 3.08 gears for LOTS of wonderful drop top driving.
      Last edited by 63SW; 02-08-2005 at 09:10 PM. Reason: i cant spell
      The Voices in my head tell me i need more cars


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com