Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 20
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ennis Tx
      Posts
      22

      Hey, how about a 71 LTD conv.?

      Hey guys I've posted on here before, and looked quite often, figured it was time to do an official hello, and show you what I got, since I was finely able to get it out into the daylight to take some good pics.

      I've owned this car since 1990, and it was a mess when I got it. Drove it everyday for about 4 years, then started to freshin it up a bit, and repaint, but you know how things go, life, house, family, etc. Plus when you work on cars all day the last thing you want to do is go home, and work on another one.

      It's not the normal "Pro-Touring" platform, and that is why I like it. It's probably better clasified as "Pro-Touringish".









    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool!
      Always good to see something unique!

      How about some details:
      I see it has big rims, willwoods and airbags.
      What about power train, interior, any custom suspension stuff?
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      whooooooaaaaaa....

      i dig.

      what size are the wheels?

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Posts
      728
      Very cool non-mainstream car. I love it! There's a pretty solid 70 for sale near me that I knew would look killer with the right stance. Thanks for posting!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      sweet ride...awsome job on it!
      Colin Russ

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ennis Tx
      Posts
      22
      Thanks for the responses, as for wheels they are 20's all the way around. The biggest issue with these cars as I'm sure you know is that everything has to be fabricated. There are a lot of little things that most people wont even notice, but then again how many people know 71-72 fords anyway?

      Still got a ways to go, but it will be out this year.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      thats awesome.. big car like that makes the 20s look like rollerskates!
      hahah

      gives me alil hope for my bonneville.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Farmington Hills, MI
      Posts
      1,038
      Looks great. Dig the Red
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL


    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Batesville, IN
      Posts
      908
      Country Flag: United States
      That looks awesome!
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

      I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Brampton, Ontario, CANADA !!
      Posts
      347
      Looks good without the bumpers. You should do roll pans on it!!


      cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson
      73 VW Super Beetle "Sports Bug"
      95 Taurus SHO 5-speed -- new open-track beater

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      westchester county new york
      Posts
      2,995
      Loved those cars ever since the movie "gator"...

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ennis Tx
      Posts
      22
      vanzuuk1
      Loved those cars ever since the movie "gator"...
      Good refrence, the only thing about that car was it was a 4-door if I remember correctly. That just made me think about Hooper. The car Burt turned over towards the begining of the movie? It was a ford I think.


      fast Ed
      Looks good without the bumpers. You should do roll pans on it!!
      I dont know about rollpans! I haves lightly modified original N.O.S. bumpers that need to be finished, but they go w/the flow of the car. Just one more thing to spend fun-tickets on.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ennis Tx
      Posts
      22
      Mr.VENGEANCE
      thats awesome.. big car like that makes the 20s look like rollerskates!
      hahah
      Thanks Mr.Vengeance for the comments on the wheels! I went w/20's because I think they fit the car just right.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      227
      Loves it - looks great!

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      yea man.. they are the perfect size!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ennis Tx
      Posts
      22
      subtlez28
      How about some details:
      I see it has big rims, willwoods and airbags.
      What about power train, interior, any custom suspension stuff?
      Motor is stock 400 that was rebuilt in 1991, less than 20,000 miles on it.
      C6 floorshift, and a 9", that has just been gone through, and powdercoated.

      Just now starting to work on cleaning up the motor. I have installed a Petronix billet distributor, and looking to do a March serpentine system. I have an Eldelbrock intake, need to get a carb. Currently working on a manderal bent exhaust, with Magnaflow mufflers.

      I built all new rear link bars to replace the stock stamped ones.

      Modified stock tranny x-member for exhaust clearence, and powdercoated.

      Front suspension has beefed up strut bars, with poly bushings that the front QA1 adjustable shocks mount to, the shocks actually go through the frame, for clearence issues. All suspension parts are powdercoated silver, with the frame flat black.

      71 was the last year for factory buckets, and console in the fullsize car, and they were only made untill April of 71, so kinda rare. The interior will remain stock, but the complete top frame has been powdercoated gloss black, with some chrome accent pieces, and I will be installing a black Stayfast top.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Laramie, WY
      Posts
      296
      That is way cool I like it.

      Tim
      89 Lincoln Towncar pro touring project ( new info found for handling)

      95 Explorer XLT OFF-Roader
      95 Chevy Suburban LT 4X4
      07 Harley XL1200L Low 08 Harley XL1200N nightster

      Would you vote for someone who doesn't stand up for the flag?

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      624
      That looks awesome!
      Rick
      -----------------------------
      " Better to Be Lucky than Good "

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ennis Tx
      Posts
      22
      Thanks guys.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Janesville, WI
      Posts
      566
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, if it came stock w a 400 and 9", thats all good stuff.

      Maybe just a Gear Vendors overdrive unit to make crusiing and tire burning gears co-exist.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com