Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States

      68 Camaro with 94 LT1

      Just joined. Great site. I am just finishing up the final sanding for paint. After that, the joy of installing my LT1 in the Camaro. I will probably be asking a few questions about the swap.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Burnaby, BC, Canada
      Posts
      1,388
      Welcome, let's see some pics!
      1969 CAMARO RS

      2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      128
      Welcome aboard, I have a 68 with a '95 LT1 in as a daily, and a '55 with a 95 and Procharger. If you get stuck, I probably did at the same point so will hopefully know the answer

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the welcome. The
      following is my website with pics
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/balljoint

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Boulder, Colorado
      Posts
      192
      Welcome. Likewise let us know if we can help getting the LT1 in there.
      Eric

      69 Camaro - LT1 w/ 700R4, DSE springs, swaybar and Konis. Still rockin' it old school with 15" wheels and 60 series tires.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Greenwood, SC
      Posts
      1,611
      Country Flag: United States
      Is there a piece of metal on that car that you haven't replaced? lol

      Nice work so far!
      JC Scott


    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome from another first gen LT1 guy!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Frederick, MD
      Posts
      70
      Nice looking ride. Another LT1 1st gen here
      -- Wayne - http://www.ls6.net/garage/
      -- 1969 Camaro - white/red stripes - LT1/4L60E
      -- 2003 Corvette - electron blue - LS2/turbos/6spd

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks again for the welcome. Someone was asking if there was a piece of metal I didn' replace. Yes, the cowl piece where the wiper blades are.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Everett, WA
      Posts
      501
      A lot of guys running LT1s here... wow. I'm one of the crazy people too, but it isn't in my Nova yet. So yeah, props for the LT1 guys!
      The few, the proud, the crazy... the LT1 owners.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Burnaby, BC, Canada
      Posts
      1,388
      Holy Crap you replaced alot of metal on that car. Please tell me you mini-tubbed while doing all that work!
      1969 CAMARO RS

      2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      26
      Country Flag: United States
      Rybar,no I did not tub( I wish I did though) I will be able to fit 17X9.5 inch rims in the rear though. By the way, in 1990 I worked at the main UAP/NAPA warehouse in Burnaby (used to be called AUTO MARINE ELECTRIC).

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Burnaby, BC, Canada
      Posts
      1,388
      Quote Originally Posted by balljoint
      Rybar,no I did not tub( I wish I did though) I will be able to fit 17X9.5 inch rims in the rear though. By the way, in 1990 I worked at the main UAP/NAPA warehouse in Burnaby (used to be called AUTO MARINE ELECTRIC).
      That's pretty cool, so you know my area. Where are you now and why did you leave? BTW I was around 13 years old then, so I was still building model cars lol
      1969 CAMARO RS

      2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      connecticut
      Posts
      24
      Country Flag: United States

      lt1 or ls1? in my 68

      hey new member here with a 1968 nova with an empty engine bay. car came with a 327 with edelbrock heads cam etc. but I'm not interested in another "old school" carb project. bought with intent of ls2 t56 swap but came across a complete 96 z28 t56 from a friend now not sure? dont want to swap and regret later. any comments?




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com