Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Results 121 to 140 of 302

    Thread: '66 PT Chevelle

    1. #121
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Tig Man View Post
      Looking good Herb! Did you get a saw yet? I was wondering if you got it setup yet? Hope things are well and hope to see you and Carol this summer.

      Mark
      Hi Mark,

      No saw yet. That will be something I pick up after we're done moving. Right now I need my money to keep the Chevelle moving along!

      Before we move I'd like to make a run down to your shop with the Chevelle so you can adjust the spindle ducts to clear the sway bar. I'll call you about when I get closer to that point.

      Herb

    2. #122
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Big Stone Gap, Virginia
      Posts
      176

      Just name the time!

      We can do it on a weekend day if need be! Just let me know,
      Mark
      Ability is not being able to do something once or twice.Ability is being able to perform upon demand!!

    3. #123
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      I’m not sure what happened, but I posted this yesterday and today it was gone. So here goes again.

      I got the Chevelle up and running, all suspension bits are in place and the engine seems to be running well. With that in mind I took it out for a spin yesterday to get some price quotes on paint and interior. On 30 March it’s going in for the carpet and headliner and maybe a week or so after that I’ll take it in to get the hood and trunk painted.

      Here’s how it looks now with the new Coil Spring Specialties 250 lb/in rear coils combined with the 1000 lb/in fronts. Even though it looks low, it actually rides pretty nice. It’s a bit rough over bad roads, but overall it works!





      I also changed the rear exhaust tips. The ones I had on there before were bugging me so I changed them out for simple turn downs and then had both tail pipes and tips black ceramic coated.





      Here’s the engine. The Fab Shop built the “tomb stone” around the air cleaner. I had it powder coated to match the valve covers. It seals to the hood too so it should only get cold outside air.



      I also relocated the battery to the trunk...



      I covered the interior floors with Fatmat all the way up to the rear window. There won’t be a rear seat so carpet will go all the way up too. I painted the roll bar a close match to the anthracite powder I have on other stuff. Right now it’s covered with blue tape to help prevent scratches while the carpet and headliner go in.







      Now that I’m getting close to completion (at least the main stuff), I hope to get some seat time at an autox event or two before RTTH V!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    4. #124
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      fort myers florida
      Posts
      200
      That is looking sweet Herb. I will miss RTTH this year so keep the pictures coming. Where did you get the rubber seal for your air cleaner. I built the same style air cleaner pan and need a better seal for it.

    5. #125
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wayne70 View Post
      That is looking sweet Herb. I will miss RTTH this year so keep the pictures coming. Where did you get the rubber seal for your air cleaner. I built the same style air cleaner pan and need a better seal for it.
      Thanks Wayne! I'll have to ask Tigman about the seal since he's the one that provided it. I'll let you know what I find out.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    6. #126
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      316
      this car is awesome.

    7. #127
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Thehoodstock,GA
      Posts
      793
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang. I'd go to RTTH V just to see this car!
      MarkK

    8. #128
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NW burbs IL
      Posts
      1,732
      Herb, its looking great, how big a difference in handling is there after the upgrades? night and day?

      Matt
      Matt


      Current project: " Chain Reaction "

      A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

      1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

      Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

    9. #129
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      looking awesome Herb but with 1 seat wheres the wife gonna ride?..lol
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    10. #130
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking Killer Herb
      Keep the up dates coming!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    11. #131
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wayne70 View Post
      That is looking sweet Herb. I will miss RTTH this year so keep the pictures coming. Where did you get the rubber seal for your air cleaner. I built the same style air cleaner pan and need a better seal for it.
      Here ya go Wayne...

      http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...Ntt=UWS-139-25

      You have to check the pictures because there are about 10 different styles.

      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube



    12. #132
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by BossaNova View Post
      Dang. I'd go to RTTH V just to see this car!
      Wow, thanks! I didn't think my car was nice enough for someone to travel to see it!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    13. #133
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie 67 View Post
      Herb, its looking great, how big a difference in handling is there after the upgrades? night and day?

      Matt
      Since I never drove it with the stock suspension, I can't say how much of a difference there is. However, I can (or will be able to) compare it with the El Camino's Global West suspension. The one thing I noticed immediately is the Chevelle has a smaller turning radius than the Elky. I've only driven it a couple of times and the turns haven't been very tight so I don't know how it will be yet. I hope it's going to be awesome!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    14. #134
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dropit69 View Post
      looking awesome Herb but with 1 seat wheres the wife gonna ride?..lol
      Actually, I'm sure my wife would prefer that I don't put a seat in it for her! LOL! I want to make things as easy as possible for the upholstery shop and the window tinter so I'm leaving the passenger seat out until they're done.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    15. #135
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      It's back from the upholstery shop. They installed carpet, a headliner, and made floor mats. I have to go back next week to pick up the roll bar pads. Before I can install the passenger side seat, I need to get the windows tinted. I also have to find the trim pieces that hold the headliner to the top of the windshield frame and back glass frame. If anyone knows where I can get these two pieces (or at least a picture so I know what to look for), I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction!





      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    16. #136
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Big Stone Gap, Virginia
      Posts
      176

      Looks GREAT!!

      Carpet looks great!


      Mark
      Ability is not being able to do something once or twice.Ability is being able to perform upon demand!!

    17. #137
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      west springfield, ma
      Posts
      249
      Country Flag: United States
      that came out great, sweet ride

    18. #138
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      St Joe, Mo
      Posts
      274
      Country Flag: United States
      One of my favorite cars on this site. Awesome
      Ryan
      1969 X11 Camaro- Peelin paint, rust, the whole works

    19. #139
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    20. #140
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      St Joe, Mo
      Posts
      274
      Country Flag: United States
      oh and how about a burnout or action vid????
      Ryan
      1969 X11 Camaro- Peelin paint, rust, the whole works

    Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com