Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 302

    Thread: '66 PT Chevelle

    1. #61
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      that looks great! what color carpeting are you gonna put down? black would look pretty nice IMO. Plans for a simple cage in the future?
      Colin Russ

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454
      Hi Yelcamino I love both your cars I have a soft spot for 66 Chevelle's I had one for my first car. It looked like it was in a demolishion derby but could it go lol . Those wheels look awesome on your car and the stance is perfect . I can't wait to see more updates. Very nice work.
      Wayne
      Thanks! Back in high school my friend and I tore around town in his '66 SS396. Lotsa fun!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    3. #63
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun
      that looks great! what color carpeting are you gonna put down? black would look pretty nice IMO. Plans for a simple cage in the future?
      Simple black carpet and headliner to match the repro door panels. I plan to have a 6 point roll bar installed so I can run harnesses instead of standard seat belts. I'm also thinking real hard about losing the back seat because with a crossbar on the roll bar, pretty much all rear seat access will be lost.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    4. #64
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Tallahassee
      Posts
      295
      Damn, that 'Velle is Super Baller!

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gordonquixote
      Damn, that 'Velle is Super Baller!
      I'm not sure what that means, but I'll take it!

      Thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    6. #66
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      hes calling you a baller Herb ..thats a good thing !!..i am trying to snag a 66 chevelle myself ..i love this year chevelle...
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dropit69
      hes calling you a baller Herb ..thats a good thing !!..i am trying to snag a 66 chevelle myself ..i love this year chevelle...
      Ok, cool!

      '66 is my fav too!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    8. #68
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Tallahassee
      Posts
      295
      I'm back looking at your car - lol. SWEET!

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      It's been a while since I posted any updates on my Chevelle project. It's finally on the road, registration, insurance, and it even has personalized plates!

      The Sparco seats are installed, the alignment is done (I plan to tweak it some more), I just put a Flaming River tilt column and Lecarra steering wheel in today. This coming Saturday I'm taking it to Tigman's shop in VA and he's going to install a 6 point roll bar and a few other things.

      A couple of days ago I was out for a test drive and I stopped at the park to take some pictures and a little video for your enjoyment. Hopefully you like what you see and hear!









      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    10. #70
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      oh wow that things sounds awesome Herb..great job!! but wheres the burnout vids..lol
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      2,196
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah I was totally getting fired up for the burnout or WOT run. That thing is sweet. Beautiful ride.

      Those sound like Spintech mufflers to me. Am I right?
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Port Orchard, WA
      Posts
      496
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino
      Today was a good day, I was finally able to back the Chevelle out of the garage under its own power! I washed it for the first time since I got a year ago this month. I hope you enjoy the pics...





      Where did you get the hose fixtures that are mounted to the passenger inner fenders?

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash68
      Yeah I was totally getting fired up for the burnout or WOT run. That thing is sweet. Beautiful ride.

      Those sound like Spintech mufflers to me. Am I right?
      Thanks! And yes, they're Spintechs - a pair of their Truck/RV mufflers with 3.5" inlets and 3" outlets.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    14. #74
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by lenie
      Where did you get the hose fixtures that are mounted to the passenger inner fenders?
      They're Billet Specialties "hose separators" and if the link works, there are a bunch of different sizes available through Summit...
      http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...6+115&x=34&y=9
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    15. #75
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      2,196
      Country Flag: United States
      For being the supposed quietest of their street mufflers, that thing sure roars and sounds great.
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash68
      For being the supposed quietest of their street mufflers, that thing sure roars and sounds great.
      Yeah I know! It's funny how nasty they sound on my car.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    17. #77
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NW burbs IL
      Posts
      1,732
      Sounds great Herb, I was waiting for two things. First video I thought you might trip. LOL I'm sure if that happened it would be edited out. And like everyone else I saw no black marks? After the rollbar install I'm sure you can get Carol to take more video, after all she knows how much you like to smoke-m.
      Matt


      Current project: " Chain Reaction "

      A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

      1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

      Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Morehead City, NC
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks and sounds good Herb. Looking forward to seeing it and you guys next month. I'm taking the Elky to the strip Sunday.
      I'll let you know what she does.
      Mike



    19. #79
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie 67
      Sounds great Herb, I was waiting for two things. First video I thought you might trip. LOL I'm sure if that happened it would be edited out. And like everyone else I saw no black marks? After the rollbar install I'm sure you can get Carol to take more video, after all she knows how much you like to smoke-m.
      Actually, I did trip but it was on the other video. I set up the camcorder on the tri-pod and started recording. As I was walking up to the car to start it I stepped on the edge of the pavement and slid off it to the dirt. Fortunately I was able to keep from falling.

      Until I get the trans broke in I can't do any hard core stuff. I want to make sure everything is working properly. Don't worry, I'm itchin' to have some fun with this car!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    20. #80
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman
      Looks and sounds good Herb. Looking forward to seeing it and you guys next month. I'm taking the Elky to the strip Sunday.
      I'll let you know what she does.
      Mike
      We're looking forward to hanging out at your place for a few days! It should be a good time.

      Definately let me know what times your Elky runs!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com