Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 302

    Thread: '66 PT Chevelle

    1. #41
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      LYNCHBURG,OHIO
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful car! The powdercoating looks great, not to over over powering. Beautiful!
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 796spdbu
      Beautiful car! The powdercoating looks great, not to over over powering. Beautiful!
      Thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    3. #43
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      please bring this one to RTTH ..its my fav year and looks killer..great job on the car..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Windham, NH
      Posts
      965
      Country Flag: United States
      I agree. Awesome looking car!

      Phil
      Build site: www.73camarobuild.com
      Business: www.classiccarblasting.com

      Like us on Facebook!

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dropit69
      please bring this one to RTTH ..its my fav year and looks killer..great job on the car..
      Thanks dude! My plan is to bring this one to RTTH, however, there are still some things I need to do such as align the front end, bleed the brakes again (maybe one time more after that), get some decent seats ($$), and road test it (a lot). Oh yeah, I also need to get insurance and register it! I'm trying, I really am!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    6. #46
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      494
      your car looks sweet, were building one and cant find any good front or back window trim, do you want to sell yours? thanks telly

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tellyv
      your car looks sweet, were building one and cant find any good front or back window trim, do you want to sell yours? thanks telly
      Are you asking if I wan to sell my car or the window trim?

      The car is always for sale for the right price, the window trim however, isn't because I need it for the car.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    8. #48
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      494
      [quote=Yelcamino]Are you asking if I wan to sell my car or the window trim?

      window trim, I thought I read that you were'nt putting your trim back on, thought maybe you were flush fitting your glass. thanks anyway.



    9. #49
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino
      Today was a good day, I was finally able to back the Chevelle out of the garage under its own power! I washed it for the first time since I got a year ago this month. I hope you enjoy the pics...





      what size wheels

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by keffe1
      what size wheels
      Wheels:
      Front – 18 x 8.5 (5.2” back space)
      Rear – 19 x 10 (5.5” back space)

      Tires:
      Front – 255/40-18
      Rear – 295/35-19
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    11. #51
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Posts
      478
      Did you mini tub the car? I have a 67 GTO that I shoehorned 18x9.5 (traditional lip) wheels under the back and had to modifiy the outer wheelhouse to let the tires tuck up under all the way. I am thinking of mini tubbing the inner but you have to scallop the frame as well to get any additional clearance.

      Also, how does that front do? Mine has 17x8 with 5" backspace and they run the fender at full lock when I back up. Strange, I know, but I just wondered if you had any issues.

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      212
      Hey gerarbanger....I am doing a mini tub kit out of a set of steel wheel tubs for the rear on my 65 Chevelle. You would be amazed how much room you get by tossing the old tubs. I don't have the exact number just yet since I am in the middle of it, but rough estimate with a tape from narrowest portion of the frame to the quarter is almost 13". I will let you know this week what the total depth will be once they are welded in. I am shooting for 20x10's in the back.

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      212
      Not to hijack the thread.....Gorgeous Chevelle!!!

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Posts
      478
      You will be able to do the 20x 10's but it will be a backspacing game. I think the 65's have less room that the 66 and 67s do from what I have heard. Where I had the critical point was at the top front point ( if you are looking at the driver side tire it would be at about the 10 o'clock position) on each rear tire where the wheelwell lip starts to roll back down and in. That is where the most careful clearancing and measuring had to occur.

      I have no rubbing issues in the back though. Only thing that rub in the back is if I have two people in the back and hit a hard bump, I can get driveshaft interference in the rearmost part of the driveshaft tunnel. My car is about as low as you can go though.

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      The '66 and '67 Chevelle/El Camino have a lot more room than the '64 and '65 body. The only thing I did to clear the rear wheels and tires on both cars was to trim and roll the lips on the outer fenders. With the proper backspacing there's plenty of room on both sides to fit a 10" wheel.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    16. #56
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 41565 chevelle
      Not to hijack the thread.....Gorgeous Chevelle!!!
      Thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    17. #57
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Not too much to update other than getting my new Sparco Torino II seats last week. I also got a bunch of interior parts; I should be fairly busy for the next week or so.



      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    18. #58
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Morehead City, NC
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice seats Herb. I've been sitting on my Corbeaus on the shop floor lately just to get my butt used to them.
      Mike

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      It's not much but I got the driver side seat mounted. It fits pretty good and I'm confident my new seats will do a great job holding me and my passenger in place!

      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    20. #60
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Hi Yelcamino I love both your cars I have a soft spot for 66 Chevelle's I had one for my first car. It looked like it was in a demolishion derby but could it go lol . Those wheels look awesome on your car and the stance is perfect . I can't wait to see more updates. Very nice work.
      Wayne
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com