Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 118 ... LastLast
    Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2412
    1. #2141
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      199
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Ok that was freaking cool.
      Travis

      1968 Mustang Coupe WideBody
      1968 Barracuda Formula S Sold 10/10/10

      My Barracuda.
      It's more than just an old car,
      It's my one freedom.

    2. #2142
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      136
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
      Ok that was freaking cool.
      x2 Ron! You can see how everyone killed a set of tires that weekend now :D
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

    3. #2143
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I just saw this ad for Run to the Coast for the first time. I don't know who did the art work, but man do they have good taste in cars. I don't know why but I am strangely attracted to this ad, I think I want a poster to hang on the wall.LOL I know its not my car, but hey close enough.

      Ron Schwarz

    4. #2144
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Heck I want one also.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I just saw this ad for Run to the Coast for the first time. I don't know who did the art work, but man do they have good taste in cars. I don't know why but I am strangely attracted to this ad, I think I want a poster to hang on the wall.LOL I know its not my car, but hey close enough.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #2145
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Location
      miami.fl.us
      Posts
      86
      Country Flag: United States
      I'd look into charging a fee for using the front apron - splitter design!
      EngineeRunner - Vintage Ford - '66FBGT + '68F250CC4x4

    6. #2146
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      HILLBILLY HOLLYWOOD, TENNESSEE!!!
      Posts
      2,044
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I just saw this ad for Run to the Coast for the first time. I don't know who did the art work, but man do they have good taste in cars.


      Ron,

      I must also agree. EXCELLENT taste in cars.

      This ad alone will ensure a quick sellout!
      Mike

      Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

      www.musclecardeals.com

    7. #2147
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      136
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Ron, wondered if you pulled the clutch yet after the Southern Slam. Two handed shifting can't be fast
      Hopefully you're too busy on the AMX to worry about it, hehehe.
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

    8. #2148
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Wish I could say I was busy on either project, but I'm not. I've been busy playing contractor for my daughters that have just bought there first homes. Forgot how much I hate drywall. Looks like I have one more weekend of banging nails, then I will drag the Mustang in and blow the Kershaw dust off of it, and see what is up with the clutch. I fear the AMX is once again being pushed to the back burner.
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #2149
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Saw Justin just posted this on youtube from Summer slam, didn't even know he was filming. If you listen hard you can hear the clutch slipping. Thanks Justin

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqr5cdalfAk
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #2150
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      136
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like you had to tighten the shifter ball there...hehe. I love your arm-out-the-window driving style Ron.
      Hope you get it fixed up for MS.
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

    11. #2151
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Saw Justin just posted this on youtube from Summer slam, didn't even know he was filming. If you listen hard you can hear the clutch slipping. Thanks Justin

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqr5cdalfAk
      No problem!
      Justin Snow

    12. #2152
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally got this clutch pulled apart, kinda weird the pressure plate and flywheel look like they just came out of the box. The disc however is spent, it sheared all the rivets holding it together. Smeared the friction material over the holes, chewed the metal up pretty good.

      Not really wanting to run a 6 puck type disc due to the fact that I have driven a lot of drag cars with them, and hate the way that they launch. Called around and found Centerforce the only company to make a regular friction clutch that would handle the Hp levels of this car. Also went with an aluminum flywheel made by Centerforce.

      The install was a pain due to the Nascar style hydraulics, getting it shimmed right was a bear. Ended up removing the block spacer that I fabbed when I installed the LS7 clutch. The weight difference is about 14 lbs total between the LS7 clutch and the Centerforce. Driving is a lot different, the car launches as smooth as the LS7 clutch, but revs a lot faster.









      Ron Schwarz

    13. #2153
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      With a dog box trans being able to upshift and downshift so hard, I would imagine a single organic disc would have a hard time keeping up. Was there a twin-disc option for your setup? I've been running an LS7 clutch in my C5 but my shifts are slow and lazy compared to yours.
      Justin Snow

    14. #2154
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      With the bellhousing/nascar style hydraulic throwout I'm running, I'm kinda of stuck with a single disc. I could have run an iron puck style single but I hate the street manners. Could change everything out to a Tilton style, but I would be looking at several thousand dollars. In talking to all the different clutch companies, and a couple of transmission manufacturers, the twin setups generate a lot more heat in the trans when used really hard. I'll abuse this Centerforce setup, and we will see how it goes. I'm almost sure this engine will be pulled from this car, be attached to a T56 Magnum, and set down in my AMX when its done. I do think this car will end up with Ford power in it.
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #2155
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I'm almost sure this engine will be pulled from this car, be attached to a T56 Magnum, and set down in my AMX when its done.
      Fail.....



      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I do think this car will end up with Ford power in it.
      Fail again!!

      Fix the clutch and leave it together! You about have this one worked out. No reason to give yourself more headaches trying to work out 2 cars. The LS in the stang is one of so many cool things about that old ford, and thats hard to say coming from a chevy guy lol.

      Robert


    16. #2156
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by RS_Customs View Post
      Fail.....



      Fail again!!

      Fix the clutch and leave it together! You about have this one worked out. No reason to give yourself more headaches trying to work out 2 cars. The LS in the stang is one of so many cool things about that old ford, and thats hard to say coming from a chevy guy lol.

      Robert
      Right and Right Robert!

      I am gonna have to kick your ass if you keep talking Ford. I thought we were over that when we got rid of that weak ass 4.6 you was going to use! lol

    17. #2157
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I do think this car will end up with Ford power in it.
      Indeed, you can’t deny that awesome car’s blue blood lineage forever. It is a true blue blood, it is blue in color; and, it carves up this blue Planet. Let God’s will be done.


    18. #2158
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      BLA BLA BLA, Ford/Chevy who cares anymore. At the beginning of this ride I cheesed off so many Ford guys, got so many nasty emails that I began to aggravate purists just for fun. Now the car is a lot more refined I'm looking into several options, I wish the mod motors were a little more stout, what does Ford have against cubic inches? I truly know nothing about Ford engines but am looking forward to trying something different. We'll see how it goes.
      Ron Schwarz

    19. #2159
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      London, Ontario
      Posts
      294
      The coyote is pretty cool, just not as cheap as a LS....but maybe someday...

      73 Maverick Grabber Project

      My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

    20. #2160
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Now the car is a lot more refined I'm looking into several options, I wish the mod motors were a little more stout, what does Ford have against cubic inches? I truly know nothing about Ford engines but am looking forward to trying something different. We'll see how it goes.
      I agree the mod motors of the past are humdrum. The Ford 6.2 has cubic inch potential, cross bolt mains, and an already great set of heads. It is pretty much being ignored by people at the moment. The Coyote is pretty good at present, but will be much better when the stroker kits and tall deck versions are released most likely by the aftermarket. It seems like Ford wants to sell superchargers and turbos very liberally.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com