Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 ... LastLast
    Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2412
    1. #2021
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      I like it!!!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    2. #2022
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      38
      There's not much you can do with Grabber Blue to make it look vicious...

      I think it looks pretty racy though.

    3. #2023
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      With the sponsor decals it will look pretty racey. The hood and fenders need to be painted anyway, I think I'm going to paint them body color, lay some contact paper over it to see if I like it, if I don't it will only take an hour or two to spray the flat black over it.



      Ron Schwarz

    4. #2024
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Vinland Kansas,66006
      Posts
      647
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      With the sponsor decals it will look pretty racey. The hood and fenders need to be painted anyway, I think I'm going to paint them body color, lay some contact paper over it to see if I like it, if I don't it will only take an hour or two to spray the flat black over it.



      Ron,I like it W/white stripe's.That's a awesome looking orange camaro next to your ride.

    5. #2025
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the black...I have a think for satin black.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

    6. #2026
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      I didnt like the idea at first but I like the stripes. But Im not sure white is the right color for it. How about you carry the fabricated/machined look into the stripes with satin gunmetal (like the wheels) or brushed silver like the ridetech Velocity Camaro stripes. It'll work well with the wheels, splitter, and interior panels.

      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon


    7. #2027
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the rear straightened and back in, with the gear change, and Wavetrac installed. Took it out for a cruise, after running the Detroit, and the 3.18 gears, this such an improvement. No more cracking and banging, and at 40 mph, I matted it and damn near lost it. I can't believe how finicky that engine is, if you don't keep it in its happy power band its a bit of a turd, but when its in its happy place its a complete handful.
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #2028
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      compton IL
      Posts
      159
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      I didnt like the idea at first but I like the stripes. But Im not sure white is the right color for it. How about you carry the fabricated/machined look into the stripes with satin gunmetal (like the wheels) or brushed silver like the ridetech Velocity Camaro stripes. It'll work well with the wheels, splitter, and interior panels.
      +1 with the silver stripes or match them with the wheel color. that would look sick !

    9. #2029
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Lombard, IL
      Posts
      545
      Country Flag: United States
      +2 on the satin gunmetal. But I almost hate to try to give Ron guidance since everthing he's done on this car is so "right on"!
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

    10. #2030
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      2,196
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron, I am thinking just the opposite... ditching my *******ized white Mustang stripes and going with flat black. lol

      For yours, I think it'll look tits either way.... it's tough to leave things alone... and appears tougher than average for you. Ha.
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

    11. #2031
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      Ron, I am thinking just the opposite... ditching my *******ized white Mustang stripes and going with flat black. lol

      For yours, I think it'll look tits either way.... it's tough to leave things alone... and appears tougher than average for you. Ha.
      I need to consentrate on fine tuning, and stop all this major changing. I only really get to beat on the thing 3 or 4 times a year, and everytime I do its a new car, and I need to learn to drive all over again, usually with no practice. Some changes were improvements, and some were a total fail, like the 3.18 gears. I guess the only way to find out is to try different things. I think I'll stick with the 3.89's and just practice driving it, and fine tune the shocks etc.

      As far as the stripes go, the more I look at it, the more I like it the way it is. When the windsheild got knocked out, I painted the cowl blue, thinking I would try this stripe thing. I will probably put blue on the hood when I paint it just to see, but in the end I see the flat black ending up where it started.
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #2032
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      6
      Country Flag: Portugal
      This build is awesome, great fab work man.

      Please build me a factory width splitter like yours for my 66 coupe project

    13. #2033
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      318
      Country Flag: United States
      +3 on the satin gunmetal. match the rims. also add side shelby stripes.

    14. #2034
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Didn't you place very well at Carolina motorsports park? Was that with the 3.18's? I thought that track was very challenging on street tires but seemed like you did great. I will say I thought your car was broke at one point when you pulled under the garage because that differential was banging and clunking like crazy, glad to here you ditched that!!
      Justin Snow

    15. #2035
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Kershaw is kind of different then any track I've been on. Gearing played no part of that equation, I was spinning though 50% of the course. Hate to say that gave me some bad input,once I hit a track where I needed some bight (due to the traffic) the 3.18's dogged the the engine too bad. The power ban that my cam likes leaves me a small widow for gearing.

      I've always made up for my lack of road course experience with raw horsepower, take away my horsepower, and I suck. There is no substitute for experience, and beating on the car a couple times a year when your running with the likes of Danny, Kyle, and Brian ain't makin it. Really need to do more track days in Jersey I guess.
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #2036
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Starting to peck away at some of the stupid stuff, that has always bugged me. Trying not to go to SEMA with a car that is so rough around the edges (literally). Ford was kind of odd on the fastbacks, in that they allowed rain water to enter the quarter vents, draining into a rain gutter, down a tube, and through a drain hole in the rocker panel. Of course all that was rotted off of this car, so when it rained it just ran into the car. When there was no windows it didn't matter, but now that the car is pretty tight I figured I'd fix it.

      Fabbed up some new rain gutters out of aluminum, installed the drain tube, and installed a drains in the rocker panel. I started to make some aluminum panels to cover all that up, all that little stuff is a PITA, but it is becoming a real car.





      Ron Schwarz

    17. #2037
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      50
      Wow, I'm very impressed with this car! You do fantastic work!!

    18. #2038
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      STUDIO CITY, CA
      Posts
      139
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron.... Big fan of this build. Saying that I would like to weigh in on this stripe and look debate. Keep it in the spirit of the build... smart, rough,and mean...keep it the way its is with the black hood! get a couple of smart @ss bumper stickers (like "eat my stang" or something) and just lay waste to people of the tracks and autcrosses. Big props T

    19. #2039
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      New Hampshire
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      If you go with the stripes I think you need to black out the headlight and grill area to keep the bad ass look going, like the new stangs. Incredible build by the by. Gives me some confidence to go do my own wide body on my second gen camaro.

    20. #2040
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Lodi, California
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States

      $5000 budget Mustang

      Would you consider coming to the west coast? Like maybe an autoX event? It'd be sick to see that car in real life! When/where is the optima street challenge?




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com