Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast
    Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2412
    1. #1661
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I took 4" 1/4 wall tubing and ovalled it in the press, and welded it in the 2x4 box tubing. The way the truck arm suspension runs, the frame ends up doubled at that section, made it a little hard to fit mufflers though.
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #1662
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got most of the metal formed and fitted, I'm so used to looking at this car, I forgot how far from stock it really is. Had to stretch and roll the quarters, and add several inches of material. Hopefully I get the welding finished this week, and start smearing mud.

      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1663
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Great forward progress! You're an inspiration for the rest of us regular guys.
      Tom

    4. #1664
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      You make it look so easy. Amazing.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    5. #1665
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      1,465
      Dam a little blue paint and off to the local show buddy ;-)... Great progress drop me a line and let me know if our friend touched base with you by chance???
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

    6. #1666
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Dallas, Ga.
      Posts
      439
      Damn!! Sorry to hear about the bad luck Ron. I was scheduled to be at RTTS but couldn't make it in the end, looks like I missed the show. I was there when the first engine blew and helped push it off the course. Glad your ok for sure the car can always be fixed.
      Tommy Parker

      1973 Camaro- fast burn 385, FAST EFI, Bowler 700R4, Hotchkis,Baer, Forgeline SP3P's, completed 2007, updated 2010
      1972 Camaro-Project Fool's Gold- LD 3-link,DSE sub-frame,C6 Z06 brakes,TKO 600, LS2 stroked to 402, Forgeline, in progress

    7. #1667
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      wow....you got that all done FAST!!!!!!!! I would really like to come see it...I don't think I am far from you.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

    8. #1668
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great Ron! Did you start with a new fender panel or did you fashion all that from scratch?

      It's amazing how fast it has came back together.

      You are a real inspiration! Great job.

      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot


    9. #1669
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      Looks great Ron! Did you start with a new fender panel or did you fashion all that from scratch?

      It's amazing how fast it has came back together.

      You are a real inspiration! Great job.

      Yeah Ray, it does start with an original quarter. That is what slipped my mind, it got split down the middle, the wheel flares got cut off and reshaped, 3" added to the length, and 3" to the height. A real pita, I need to build a forged engine, and stay far, far away from the wall. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #1670
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Forged engine! Sweet!

      How about keeping with the progression of power and do a forged ls9 setup? hehe

      Robert

    11. #1671
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      Great work on the quarter panel.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    12. #1672
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      There must be something wrong with me, but I always thought this car looked like it had a flabby butt. Always wanted to clean the lines up on the rear of the car. So while I'm fixing the quarter, I reshaped it to kind of give it a more athletic as$, the only problem is that it required cutting the bottom off the good quarter to give it the same shape. Plus, I will have to make a new more streamline splash panel. The sad part is 99% of people won't even see the difference.


    13. #1673
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Out in El Paso, TX
      Posts
      190
      I wish I had 1/4 of your skills bro. Rock on!
      low is all I know..

    14. #1674
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Ron - car is looking good - you going to RTTH's again this year?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    15. #1675
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      That is my favorite event of the year, I'll be there.
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1676
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      We wouldn't expect anything less Ron. If it matters to you, it matters to us.
      Stephen

    17. #1677
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      We wouldn't expect anything less Ron. If it matters to you, it matters to us.
      Just figured something good had to come out of all that badness.LOL
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #1678
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      99% of people won't even see the difference.
      Yup...but that should be taken as a compliment to your workmanship and styling abilities....maybe you could apply for a job at Ford in the design department making concept cars for them....LOL, I might even be swayed to the Ford side of the street if they came out with a similar version of your beast.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    19. #1679
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      SLC
      Posts
      660
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      There must be something wrong with me, but I always thought this car looked like it had a flabby butt. Always wanted to clean the lines up on the rear of the car. So while I'm fixing the quarter, I reshaped it to kind of give it a more athletic as$, the only problem is that it required cutting the bottom off the good quarter to give it the same shape. Plus, I will have to make a new more streamline splash panel. The sad part is 99% of people won't even see the difference.

      Put me in the 1% group. I always thought that the back of the car needed a little more upward angle on the lower edge of the quarter. That should really complement the widebody makeing it look more natural and less forced on th rear of the car. can't wait to see how it turns out.
      Zach

      1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

    20. #1680
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Biloxi, Mississippi
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      The sad part is 99% of people won't even see the difference.
      And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between gearheads and pedestrians. Great choice on shaving the rear a tad - I never thought there was anything wrong with it, but once you mentioned it, I can totally see what you are talking about. I bet everyone on here can appreciate it as well.
      2011 Mustang GT 5.0 6-speed, 3.55 rear, and Brembo package

    Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com