Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast
    Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2412
    1. #1501
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      You fab up the brake ducts?
      No, they came from LG Motorsports, seem pretty nice.
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #1502
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Project69 View Post
      Nice build.

      Edit: So you just slapped the body onto a frame? Where did you get the frame btw?
      Built it
      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1503
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,170
      Country Flag: United States
      we use header wrap safety wired to the tie rod ends on all our C5 track cars. its abslutetly normal to bake the boots off within a couple of events. especially with aggressive pads.

      what is the rest of the setup? those look like radial mount calipers, not standard C5 stuff.

      michael
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    4. #1504
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post
      we use header wrap safety wired to the tie rod ends on all our C5 track cars. its abslutetly normal to bake the boots off within a couple of events. especially with aggressive pads.

      what is the rest of the setup? those look like radial mount calipers, not standard C5 stuff.

      michael
      I'm running the 15" Baer set up, with the Alcon built 6 piston calipers, 14's on the rear, and a 7/8 manual master cylinder. I almost balled it up on its first road course adventure, Payton King helped me kind of get the brakes dialed in. Works great now.
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #1505
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      LG pieces - nice....

      Ron - you doing any VIR events this year? Factory cars allowed w/ no cages?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    6. #1506
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm going to try and wear that car out this year, I really want to do VIR again, and I want to try Summit this year. I can't wait to do Jersey, hell I want to go everywhere!!
      Ron Schwarz

    7. #1507
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Gotcha, how did you mount the body to the frame? I must have missed that.

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    8. #1508
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      It is attached along the rocker pinch welds,A pillar and B pillar, and other assorted places, you can see the pics here. Ron
      http://57hemicuda.smugmug.com/Cars/M.../6357389_pKQdb
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #1509
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Thank you, you have a download file of all the pictures? Im doing this and would like to use your pictures for frame and body help.

      Thank you

      Rob

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    10. #1510
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron-

      Any concern that cooling only 1 side of the rotor might lead to warping? Or are you aiming the air into the hub side of the rotor vents?
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    11. #1511
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      It blows the air into the hub area and then its forced out through the vent holes. I wonder how much brake dust will be blowing all over the wheels.
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #1512
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      292
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Ron-

      Any concern that cooling only 1 side of the rotor might lead to warping? Or are you aiming the air into the hub side of the rotor vents?
      Since the rotor isn't really being cooled unless the car is moving forward (and the rotor turning), I don't think there would be any problem with one part of the rotor cooling significantly faster than another.

      I'd be interested to see how much of a difference those ducts make. Pretty cool piece - I had them on my C5 as well.

    13. #1513
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ill steez View Post
      Since the rotor isn't really being cooled unless the car is moving forward (and the rotor turning), I don't think there would be any problem with one part of the rotor cooling significantly faster than another.

      I'd be interested to see how much of a difference those ducts make. Pretty cool piece - I had them on my C5 as well.
      A lot of times the cooling duct mount forces the air into the center area of the rotor so that the natural suction from the rotor vanes just gets a good plentiful amount of cool air. So warping shouldn't be a problem.

      Robert

    14. #1514
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      The rotor spinning or stationary wasn't the basis of the question. Ron correctly understood myquestion, he's blowing air into the hub area of the rotor, so the vanes pull air through the center of the rotor. The litttle green race car I have has solid rotors (prod car rules dictate it), so to add cooling I have to spit a soup can and slide it over the rotor to cool both sides to keep from warping.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    15. #1515
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Made a couple of heat sheilds on the brake duct to protect the tie rod and lower ball joint, and a support brace to keep the duct from cracking. Had to oval the tubing for tire clearance,and I still havent made the front ducts yet. I can't beleive LG doesn't make the ducts with the sheilds as part of the backing plate.





      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1516
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Great work Ron!

      Robert

    17. #1517
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the trans out, and once again the hydraulic throw out bearing came apart. I've had enough of that set up, everytime the trans comes out, I have to buy a new throw out bearing. I stepped to a Quicktime blowproof bellhousing, and a bell mounted throwout. Looks like I'm going to have to run some offset dowels after indicating it. The trans doesn't touch the throwout on its way in or out.

      On a side note, while up on the lift I found the front tires so flat spotted that they are totally junk. Thank's to Bill Howell and the contingency program, BFG is buying me a new set.





      Ron Schwarz

    18. #1518
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang, that's a lot of tread. Wish my tires looked that good!!! Any chance you've got a 295/35/18 or a 245/40/18?
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    19. #1519
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      They are 275's, you really can't see it in the pics, but they are really bald in one spot, and alot of tread everwhere else. I'm going to try an squeeze 295's on the front. I'll probably use these for mock up on the AMX. No, I don't have any 295's or 245's
      Ron Schwarz

    20. #1520
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Nice updates - sucks about the flat spotted tires though...

      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door


    Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com