Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 ... LastLast
    Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2412
    1. #1481
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      St Charles, IL
      Posts
      56
      Cool Project! Great job on holding to your budget.

      I agree with some of the others here to keep it all ford.
      Bobby
      1972 Gran Torino Sport
      1969 Mustang Convertible
      1969 Mustang Sportroof






      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820297/1969-ford-mustang

    2. #1482
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally got the door panels made and on, super plush as usual. I was going to roll some beads in them, but if I one day want to put real interior in it, it would be harder for the interior guy. I'll try and get the new hubs in this weekend, and hope it cures my knockback issues, if not this may get a full floater in it.



      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1483
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Hampton Bays NY
      Posts
      338
      Look's good! You should put a pad on top of the door for your arm. LOL
      Vinnie Allegretta
      A Winner Never Quits...A Quitter Never Wins
      www.fquick.com/vinz68

    4. #1484
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Bear, DE
      Posts
      346
      Looks real clean, i like it a lot, then again i like the whole car a lot! (that really takes a lot to say from a chevy guy lol)

      Jason Nichols
      '72 Chevy Nova-The Blue Bomb https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...972-Chevy-Nova


    5. #1485
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Wow - Ron - door panels look great!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    6. #1486
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      and no one noticed the what is on the frame table in the background. You guys must be slipping.

    7. #1487
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      and no one noticed the what is on the frame table in the background. You guys must be slipping.
      Your right Payton i just talk to Ron a couple days ago an he was telling me about the bikini clip he got from Jake.
      This next project is going to be cool!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    8. #1488
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NW burbs IL
      Posts
      1,732
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      and no one noticed the what is on the frame table in the background. You guys must be slipping.
      I saw it, now we need Ron to spill the beans!!
      Matt


      Current project: " Chain Reaction "

      A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

      1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

      Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

    9. #1489
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      SLC
      Posts
      660
      Ron, my compliments to the builder. I have enjoyed watching this evolution. based on this thread you seem to have found a great balance between driving your car and upgrading it. I could only hope to be there some day. unfortunatly right now I'm 100% project, 0% driving.
      Zach

      1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

    10. #1490
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      708
      When in doubt, ask an old-school trucker. Granted, the average 10-speed Road Ranger has the gears a bit closer than a four or five-speed car box, but if you like your left knee, you do not use the clutch to shift a truck. Down or up, there's no point in using a clutch, unless you're taking off (it's the clutch brake that helps the thing get into first at a stop); trying to use it like a car clutch actually does not work, as it will not help you find a gear. The main point is this: Move the engine at the same speed as the trans, and the gears will mesh together; I've done this smoothly in all kinds of vehicles, from a VW bug to a 350Z, and of course Macks, Peterbilts, KWs, and Freightliners. For some, this skill takes years to get right, and it can be quite interesting to learn in traffic, or on hills under a load... Then, you can learn the skill with an engine brake on...

      Here's the starter: Load the shifter before you let off the gas, and it will pop right out. To avoid grinding when going in, use all points in the gate when going slowly--feel neutral; blip the throttle to adjust RPMs if/when they drop. Lots of fun grinding will ensue while learning, but you'll surely impress the ladies. Speed will come when/if you figure out what you're doing.

    11. #1491
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bow Tie 67 View Post
      I saw it, now we need Ron to spill the beans!!
      I kind of had a 69 AMX fall into my lap. Wanted to do something a little different with it, talked to Jake at Jakes Rod Shop. He set up a really sexy bikini C5 front clip, the quality of that clip is phenominal (welds are some real art work). I figured I'd get the chassis together, while I'm waiting for the car to be dug out of deep storage. As soon as I get it , I'll start a build thread. This is the nicest body I've ever stated with, usually I start with a rusted out, clapped out, pos. This is nice enough I may actually leave it a Pro Touring surviver.
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #1492
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Morehead City, NC
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I kind of had a 69 AMX fall into my lap. Wanted to do something a little different with it, talked to Jake at Jakes Rod Shop. He set up a really sexy bikini C5 front clip, the quality of that clip is phenominal (welds are some real art work). I figured I'd get the chassis together, while I'm waiting for the car to be dug out of deep storage. As soon as I get it , I'll start a build thread. This is the nicest body I've ever stated with, usually I start with a rusted out, clapped out, pos. This is nice enough I may actually leave it a Pro Touring surviver.
      Man, I love the AMX. The guy that does my paint has one mostly original but built for drags. I have been trying to drag his butt to the road course in hopes of getting him inspired to build it to turn and stop. The man has over 20 cars that rarely see the road. The AMX is the only one he beats on. Can't wait to see this build Ron.
      Mike

    13. #1493
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      256
      Ron,
      Not to Hi-Jack your 'stang thread which is awesome, but do you have any details of how you will be splicing in the JRS clip into the existing AMX? I'm building a Mopar and have talked to Jake but haven't had the guts to do it.

      Wes

    14. #1494
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm actually building a full perimeter chassis. I'm pretty picky on the fabrication side, but Jake was very accomodating, making his clip exactly how I wanted it. Still batting around a couple of different rear suspension designs, hoping to have the chassis built in the next couple weeks.

      I don't think it would be that hard to graft one of Jakes clips on to a Mopar, as long as the frame widths are close. It would be cool to see, not alot of Mopars taken to that level.
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #1495
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      El Cerrito, CA
      Posts
      156
      Country Flag: United States
      hey Ron,

      it's so cool you're going to build and AMC! I've really enjoyed following the mustang build (it's jaw dropping awesome). can't want to see the AMX. AMC Rules

      -Asif- Penngrove, CA (SF bay area) asifnyc.com - AMC blog
      1974 Javelin NASA American Iron road race car
      1975 AMC Matador road race project
      1973 AMC Javelin/AMX driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin track rat project

    16. #1496
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      256
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I'm actually building a full perimeter chassis. I'm pretty picky on the fabrication side, but Jake was very accomodating, making his clip exactly how I wanted it. Still batting around a couple of different rear suspension designs, hoping to have the chassis built in the next couple weeks.

      I don't think it would be that hard to graft one of Jakes clips on to a Mopar, as long as the frame widths are close. It would be cool to see, not alot of Mopars taken to that level.
      Thanks for the reply-can't wait to see a few pictures and details of the AMX project and the frame.
      Wes

    17. #1497
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by asifnyc View Post
      hey Ron,

      it's so cool you're going to build and AMC! I've really enjoyed following the mustang build (it's jaw dropping awesome). can't want to see the AMX. AMC Rules

      Yeah, I'd love to keep it all AMC, I have access to several 401's, but my goal on this car is to keep it below 3000 lbs.. I know Indy does make an aluminum AMC block and heads, but the assembled package is 25K. Way out of this cars budget.
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #1498
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Installing brake ducts, ZR1 hubs, and Hardbar hardware. Hoping it helps with the brake knockback. Crazy how heat from the rotor burned the boot off the tierod. Once all this is installed I will have to build the air intakes in the splitter.



      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1499
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      You fab up the brake ducts?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    20. #1500
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Flo-rida
      Posts
      1,204
      Nice build.

      Edit: So you just slapped the body onto a frame? Where did you get the frame btw?
      Last edited by Project69; 02-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.

      1993 Camaro Z28
      2001 Camaro Z28
      1969 Camaro


    Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com