Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 108 ... LastLast
    Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2412
    1. #1141
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Carolina Motorsports Park. Not sure exactly where, but I'm sure it's easily found via Google!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    2. #1142
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/ - CMP - its in Lancaster, SC - about 45 mins south of Charlotte.
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    3. #1143
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      It is actually in Kershaw, SC

      Nice place. Trying to get Ron to come down and do a track day. I know DSE does some testing out there as well. A budy of mine went there a couple of months ago. $225 for 5 20 minute sessions with an instructor.

      Ron's car looked right at home sitting in the paddock at VIR. Everytime I looked up someone else had their camera out.



    4. #1144
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Payton - your right... I need to get my a$$ down there as welll... lol.
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    5. #1145
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      To answer your question,fuel pressure was fine. Cracks me up how everyone runs these high dollar fuel systems. I'm running stock GM pump,Corvette filter,returnless 3/8 steel brake line, and it all worked perfectly.
      Good! Well, you know me... always sweatin the tune...

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    6. #1146
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Flawless Brett, between 5200-7000 rpm it planted me in the seat so hard, I was even kind of suprized. I tried to keep the car in its sweet spot between 4500-7000 rpm, which made it to where I only used 3rd & 4th gears. Temps in the car were staying around 195, even in that unGodly heat. Man was that fun. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    7. #1147
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      This going to be at RTTH?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    8. #1148
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah I'll be there. Bill makes that one one the most fun events of the year.
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #1149
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Nice - this will be my first year going... looking fwd to seeing your ride!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    10. #1150
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      959
      Mine too... If school doesn't mess stuff up this year.
      Benjamin

      Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

    11. #1151
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I still haven't gotten my VIR pics cd, but the company has posted Sat. session. Really good shot of Mike Holleman's car and mine going through one of the turns together.

      http://www.photogiftsgalore.com/gall...de1/index.html
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #1152
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Some good pics there. I like the one on the LAST page. Pretty cool.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    13. #1153
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got a chance to scale this car again today. Was wondering how bad the car had gotten with the new dry sump, and all that aluminum work I did in the front. I did replace all the mild steel bars with chromoly,and ditched the front flip hood, which saved 52 lbs. Car weighed in at 3201 lbs. - 3388 lbs. with me in it.

      Amazing 50/50 distribution, with me in it.Thinking about moving the battery off the right rear, more to the center of the car, and it would be perfect.
      LF-864 lbs. RF-790 lbs.
      LR-864 lbs. RR-870 lbs.
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #1154
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Got a chance to scale this car again today. Was wondering how bad the car had gotten with the new dry sump, and all that aluminum work I did in the front. I did replace all the mild steel bars with chromoly,and ditched the front flip hood, which saved 52 lbs. Car weighed in at 3201 lbs. - 3388 lbs. with me in it.

      Amazing 50/50 distribution, with me in it.Thinking about moving the battery off the right rear, more to the center of the car, and it would be perfect.
      LF-864 lbs. RF-790 lbs.
      LR-864 lbs. RR-870 lbs.
      Hey Ron,

      I would have never thought the right front being 80 pounds lighter than the right rear. Especially with the Dry Sump Tank and all those quarts of oil... I surely thought it would have offset the weight of the battery in back. I realize the battery was closer to the rear of the car while the oil tank was really under the firewall.

      With your weight on the Driver's side I would have thought there would have been a bigger difference in weight between the left rear and the right rear... How big of a battery do you have in the car?? Is there anything else heavy on the right rear compared to the left side?
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    15. #1155
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I have weighed this car 3 times, and it always shows the RR as being heavy. I'm running an optima red top, and there is a beefy bracket hanging on the side of the frame. Due to my drag racing roots, I've always placed the battery as far to the rear and as low as possible.I don't think that is the ticket for road racing.

      I really was in a hurry when I weighed it, so I didn't get a chance to play with the weight jacks. I probably could correct it some, but it would effect ride height. It would probably be easier to just move the battery. I do want to hit the drag strip at least once before I move it though.

      Hows the Bug coming Ray?
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1156
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Hi Ron, it is amazing how you have shifted and removed weight around in the car. I thought the hood would have been lighter the old way, mine is way lighter with it hinged from the front, that was a lot of weight to remove.

      I have had no problems with my Braille battery so far and at 21 lb. and with the smaller size it really does package a lot easier. You will also lose a bit of weight with shorter cables to it , but it doesn't seem like you need to lose weight just redistribute it. So far we are almost neck and neck in the weight department.

      I keep wishing I had the engine power and the brakes you have now, the difference form one MSC to the other was incredible.

      Good luck at the dragstrip and get some video so we can see how the car launches. Will you be running drag radials or your roadrace tires? I was told I would do way better with better tires but it really doesn't matter to me as much as it seems to others at the track, they keep wanting me to turn my car into a drag racer by default,LOL.
      Last edited by Jim Nilsen; 08-02-2010 at 03:28 PM.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    17. #1157
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah its amazing how much better things work when you throw boat loads of money at it. I will run the same BFG's at the track as I did on the road course, I was amazed how well they stuck at VIR, did a little drifting, but for the most part they performed great.
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #1158
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Pics came in today

      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1159
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I still haven't gotten my VIR pics cd, but the company has posted Sat. session. Really good shot of Mike Holleman's car and mine going through one of the turns together.

      http://www.photogiftsgalore.com/gall...de1/index.html

      My question is, is there any paint left on top of that door? lol Most laid back looking pics with your arm up there. I like the shot on the last page too.

    20. #1160
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, the instructor wasn't digging the 150 mph speeds, with one hand on the wheel. The car is really stable at speed, not at all scary.
      Ron Schwarz

    Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 108 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com