Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 49 of 121 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 ... LastLast
    Results 961 to 980 of 2412
    1. #961
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Got the new down bars bent and tigged in. Had to swing the bars around the oil tank etc. Still need to figure out some hood hinges though.



      The car is looking awesome as always. I was a big fan of the way the hood was before, hoods that open from the back are much safer and easier to work on the engine. At least that is what I have found on my car. You could go easy on yourself and just make it a lift off and then put hinges on later and noone would ever question why.

      The dry sump is something I would like to do someday and you should be glad you could package that baby as good as you did because it is no easy thing to find that much room to spare. Looks awesome!!!!

      I am like dying to stael your air cleaner for 10 minutes to see how well it fits on my car. I jusy love the look and it might just take a piece to go from the firewall in my cat to make it work just perfect for me but I am concerned about the height? I know I can modify the one I have but it wouldn't be as light and as cool looking.

      Keep on keepin on!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    2. #962
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284



      Is the area in the yellow box connected, going to be connected, need to be connected or not connected to the roll cage on purpose?

      Love the car glad to see it getting back together and of course interested to see it in action again.

    3. #963
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      In alot of circumstances the shock area would be attached to the cage. This chassis is so over built and heavy duty, there won't be alot of deflection at that point. This car still uses a transverse Vette spring so it is not supporting the cars weight like a coilover car. The mounts are so beefy I still couldn't imagine alot of deflection anyway.

      On the next Chassis I build, it will be much lighter and will require alot of support and triangulation in the high stress zones. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #964
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Lookin Awesome Ron!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    5. #965
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the new style hinges built,they are about as simple as they could be. Will put some kind of top on the hinge arm to make the cowl smooth.Tied the cowl tabs to the cage for strength. Ron





      .
      Ron Schwarz

    6. #966
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      hey....didnt you just paint that! got to love a car you can cut holes in the body and think nothing of it....lol

    7. #967
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yes I did, I tried everything I could think of how to use an OEM type hinge, there is just no room. Need to rename this to the ass backwards build, all this aggrevation to loose maybe 50 lbs. One step forward and two steps back. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #968
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron,

      I think that is a normal part of a car that sees a lot of use. Breeds to many new ideas
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    9. #969
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Just read the whole thread... looks awesome!!

      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door


    10. #970
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Ah, heck yeah!...that'll work. Simple and effective. You gonna use a prop rod or are you still looking at those nascar style hinged props?
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    11. #971
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Lafayette, LA, USA
      Posts
      485
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Need to rename this to the ass backwards build, all this aggrevation to loose maybe 50 lbs. One step forward and two steps back. Ron
      Hahahahaha, that is like my Falcon, every time I want to change one thing I take three steps backwards to alter everything else that affects my one change.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

      Jason

    12. #972
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      4
      Ron S. Great Build! I for one Just loved it and this car! I just read the whole thread and everything else I could find on this car and project!! I even ordered a 30X40 print of one of your pictures off of your smugmug site. I have been looking for a 66 Fastback from a junk yard to try and do the same thing you did and my son also has a 65 6 cyl mustang, he also wants to try to do something like your car as well.

    13. #973
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Yes I did, I tried everything I could think of how to use an OEM type hinge, there is just no room. Need to rename this to the ass backwards build, all this aggrevation to loose maybe 50 lbs. One step forward and two steps back. Ron
      I did everything I could think of to not use an OEM hinge to save weight. 50lb is a lot to lose and the hood is better simple. just go with a prop rod that has a hook on each end to keep it from flying off when open and you are good to go. I went back and forth with having the nascar braces or cylinders but decided it was too much time ,weight and in the way. The prop rod is the best.

      If it makes you feel better , I am working on my hood today to make it so it doesn't bow in the middle at 90mph +. It gets a little uncomfortable seeing it come up so much. I really don't want hood pins.

      I look forward to seeing you at the Motorstate and see how all of this turns out.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    14. #974
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the rest of the chromoly bent and welded, have all the radiator, coil ,and fender mounts on it. Kind of looks like a trophy truck, just have to make the lower radiator mounts, and fiinally start this thing. Ron





      Ron Schwarz

    15. #975
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool Ron
      I had no idea you were building a trophy truck.
      Looks like your making good progress.
      Thanks
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    16. #976
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      League City, TX
      Posts
      707
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome! How much do you think it weighs?
      John Brown
      1971 Nova - Project Car
      1990 Silverado - Ridetech StreetGRIP
      Instagram @wilwaxu
      Facebook @wilwaxu

    17. #977
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      959
      A trophy truck is not a bad thing to look like!
      Benjamin

      Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

    18. #978
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
      Awesome! How much do you think it weighs?
      This front structure with all that tubing, because its chromoly is 80 lbs less then the core support, hood hinges, and down bars I had made in mild steel. The car will still be somewhere around 3200 lbs. because of the oil tank, lines and 3 gallons of oil. All this cage work and it really won't make it run any faster, should look alot cleaner under the hood though. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    19. #979
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice prop rod.....hehehehe...not exactly what I had in mind, but hey, it works!
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    20. #980
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      This front structure with all that tubing, because its chromoly is 80 lbs less then the core support, hood hinges, and down bars I had made in mild steel. The car will still be somewhere around 3200 lbs. because of the oil tank, lines and 3 gallons of oil. All this cage work and it really won't make it run any faster, should look alot cleaner under the hood though. Ron

      I think the ls7 has it covered for making it run faster! LOL

      Robert

    Page 49 of 121 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com