Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 ... LastLast
    Results 781 to 800 of 2412
    1. #781
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

      Got home about 1 am this morning,just woke up and unloaded the car.Thought I would snap this shot of my weekend fun.Looks like a rod bolt broke under extreme duress.Why didn't I take up golf??
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #782
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Batesville, IN
      Posts
      908
      Country Flag: United States
      I hated to see you break - I think after a few more runs, you would have been putting up some good times.

      I think Tommy Parker described the sound pretty well. He said it sounded like someone was shaking a can of bolts.



      Good luck getting it all back together!
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

      I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's


    3. #783
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Dallas, Ga.
      Posts
      439
      Because like a t-shirt I saw at deal's gap store said ----Golf is for pu**ies --- LOL. It was great watching run that car Ron.
      Tommy Parker

      1973 Camaro- fast burn 385, FAST EFI, Bowler 700R4, Hotchkis,Baer, Forgeline SP3P's, completed 2007, updated 2010
      1972 Camaro-Project Fool's Gold- LD 3-link,DSE sub-frame,C6 Z06 brakes,TKO 600, LS2 stroked to 402, Forgeline, in progress

    4. #784
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      Well

      I was not going to post, then I was...

      I hate that it let go, but you did get a really cool plaque for the effort

      Oh, and I still did not get a chance to drive your car or you mine.

      Hope the trip back was not too bad. Looking forward to getting together again.

      I have a few ideas of how you can spend your money if you want to hear them. LOL

    5. #785
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      782
      Country Flag: United States
      ________________
      Nick S.
      Gold/Gray 1967 Camaro

    6. #786
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Hey Ron - it's Bret, the guy that tuned your Cuda... Ran across this post and thought your name was familiar! Then I checked out the build pics and saw the Cuda with my mug by it LOL!

      Looks like the LS1 didn't fair so well in the Mustang - is this the one you talked to me about tuning? Hope you get another one together - that's a sweet car!

      BTW - I picked up another project, but funds are making it slow going! One day I'll get there again...

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    7. #787
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LSXZ28 View Post
      Hey Ron - it's Bret, the guy that tuned your Cuda... Ran across this post and thought your name was familiar! Then I checked out the build pics and saw the Cuda with my mug by it LOL!

      Looks like the LS1 didn't fair so well in the Mustang - is this the one you talked to me about tuning? Hope you get another one together - that's a sweet car!

      BTW - I picked up another project, but funds are making it slow going! One day I'll get there again...
      Hey Brett,how is it going? Yeah this is the car I was talking to you about.Looks like I'm going to do a L92 set up with a 4bbl type intake,I'm going to be calling you soon,so be ready.LOL. Glad to see you on the board,alot of cool LS1 stuff here. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #788
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Hey Brett,how is it going? Yeah this is the car I was talking to you about.Looks like I'm going to do a L92 set up with a 4bbl type intake,I'm going to be calling you soon,so be ready.LOL. Glad to see you on the board,alot of cool LS1 stuff here. Ron
      Sounds good Ron! My wife is feeling alot better these days, so if you want me to come to a dyno up your way, we could make a trip if it is easier for you...

      Been working on replacing all of the bushings/suspension on this 80 Z28 I picked up (my wife helped me do the body bushings last weekend - we had fun). It needs some work, but it is a solid car overall and the price was right. Hard making progress without a garage though.

      Anyway, give me a call when you are ready!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    9. #789
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Arkansas
      Posts
      170
      Golf clubs can be quite pricey also, plus they have a tendency to break or get bent after a bad shot. lol Ask me how I know and why I decided to get a car...lol

      Anyway great to see you and everyone else again. I had fun and looking forward to the next event.

    10. #790
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      wow this thread was a long read....and well worth the effort. Sorry about the motor Ron, but that is a great adventure that you set out on with this car...envious of the garage space, understanding wife, time, talent, and tools...that it took to build that ride.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    11. #791
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks John, I bought this pic from one of the companies in the Smoky mountains as we were coming back at RTTH,best pick I've ever seen of the car,it actually doesn't look like that big of a peice of crap.Goes to show you that if you move quickly the flaws don't show.
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #792
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      that car just looks awesome! is that a flush mount windshield?

    13. #793
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The car has hardly any chrome on it to keep the cost down.I did shave the drip rails,but the windsheild and back window are just missing the chrome.
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #794
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      montreal CANADA
      Posts
      271
      Quote Originally Posted by mr.vengeance View Post
      best pic ever!!!!
      Wayne S
      79 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
      krepower.com Aluminum MR-1A Pontiac 505cid
      04 Ram SRT-10 Viper spec Tremec T-56
      no idea for suspension yet....
      Year One billet snow flakes soon
      SpitzKraft HID conversion kit


      http://protouring79ta.monchar.com/

    15. #795
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Thanks John, I bought this pic from one of the companies in the Smoky mountains as we were coming back at RTTH,best pick I've ever seen of the car,it actually doesn't look like that big of a peice of crap.Goes to show you that if you move quickly the flaws don't show.
      I'm gonna make that my desktop tomorrow at work so this one guy who is working on an old Mustang similar to the Unique Mustang can see it...I know he will love to see what you did with this one..he certainly won't believe the budget.

      Awsome pic for sure, great shutter bugs know their stuff, don't they?
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    16. #796
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Here was another awesome one I saw...



      Don't let Ron fool you with his modesty... this car is bad A!


      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    17. #797
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron,
      I set the pic as my desktop so the guys here could see it.
      ...and they were drooling over your car....it does look good.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    18. #798
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Pulled the engine tonight,wow what a mess.Looks like a rod bolt broke,can't imagine why,I was only on the rev limiter for half the track.I see 3:54 gears in my future.
      Both rods on the same journal snapped off,windage tray looks a little like my front fenders when I started hammering on them.Timing chain broke,not much left there.Time to start scrounging parts. Ron



      Ron Schwarz

    19. #799
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Block, crank, rods, pistons, timing set, windage tray...

      What else? That won't be too bad if it's just that stuff.

      I look forward to seeing it running again.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    20. #800
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Damn Ron - that's some carnage! Put the bottom end together with some good stuff this time. Like you said, maybe that GM engine didn't like the Ford blue on it LOL - better paint it orange or leave it aluminum next time! Good talkin to ya the other day!

      BTW - did you say you had an iron block 6.0L sitting around? I was wanting an aluminum block for my Camaro, but might just go with the iron block...

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com