Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 37 of 121 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 ... LastLast
    Results 721 to 740 of 2412
    1. #721
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stg1Regal View Post
      Just read this whole thread also..... WOW... incredible talent and skills you got Ron S.

      That Mustang is incredible!!

      I appauld you for going with the "Wide Body Daytona" look, I always liked that look. For a long time I've been trying to figure out how to pull it off on a flatter surface car G-body Buick Regal.

      Yours being a curvy ride, turned out sharp.

      You stated you thought about getting those front fenders reproduced in fiberglass, did that ever happen?

      Again awesome ride, hope to see you at RTTH5, so I can appreciate that car in person. Yep I'll be there for the cruze, not set up or ready for the auto-x.

      Awesome talent inspires, I always told my wife when she finishes her schooling , I want to pick up classes in welding.
      I showed her this thread , she was also impressed and wants me to go to classes also.
      Thanks

      Thanks Chris, I've been to busy at work to actually do much with the car lately,the fender fiberglass may happen this winter when I can't drive the car.I see no reason why you couldn't build a Buick widebody,would be original and wicked.See ya in Tenn. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #722
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stg1Regal View Post
      Just read this whole thread also.....
      You stated you thought about getting those front fenders reproduced in fiberglass, did that ever happen?

      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Thanks Chris, I've been to busy at work to actually do much with the car lately,the fender fiberglass may happen this winter when I can't drive the car.I see no reason why you couldn't build a Buick widebody,would be original and wicked.See ya in Tenn. Ron
      Keep us updated on that please. I would love a set or two.


      vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    3. #723
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      CCW wheels came in today,test fitting them over the 15" brakes.The CCW guys said the 18x11 front wheels would clear everything,but they do appear to touch the control arms at full lock.They clear the brakes by a mile though.I'll mount the tires tomorrow. Ron


      Ron Schwarz

    4. #724
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Bowling Green KY
      Posts
      99
      Bad Ass.
      1971 C10 undergoing some big changes.

    5. #725
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      nice looking wheels

      The action shot made me laugh

    6. #726
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      13
      so badass

    7. #727
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      dayton, oh
      Posts
      952
      dude... you're going to detach your retinas if you use all those brakes...
      dave.t
      86 Olds 442 - Project If It Ain't Broke, Take It Apart and Fix It
      74 Javelin AMX - stocker

    8. #728
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost View Post
      dude... you're going to detach your retinas if you use all those brakes...

      Not unless he puts some tires on those wheels...
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    9. #729
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      123
      I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. I remember reading about this Stang and how ruff it was. To come back and see what you have turned it into? Astonishing! I wish i had half of you're talents.

      Congrats on the sweet toy! And post up more finished pix please!!!



    10. #730
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      959
      Going out on a limb here but... I'm guessing with the new wheels and brakes your over your $5000 budget?
      Benjamin

      Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

    11. #731
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      134
      It needs a new title. "$5000 Brake Budget Mustang."

    12. #732
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Amen brother.The car has floated around $9000 until the brake dilema.Just to upgrade the brakes required different wheels,Wheels- $2900,I should be able to offset that by selling the old ones.I really ended up getting the 15" front brakes for $1400,the guy gave me a rebate because the one rotor was crusty,the rear brakes are Baer 14"- 6 piston at $1670. So no it was $6000 budget brakes.I can offset that also by selling the old ones. I knew once the car was built, I'd make some upgrades,I didn't think they be so quick and costly though.

      Long story short,I just tripled the original budget minus about $1500 I'll probably get for the old wheels and brakes.Handling of the car has been phenomenal,power-respectable but not great,the only weak spot was the brakes,which should be excellent now.I'm hoping this upgrade will balance the car, and make it alot more competitive.Once I get the rest of the bugs out,I really want to do more on the road courses(that was a ball). Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    13. #733
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Someone wanted weights on the new wheels. The 11" are 22lbs and the 13" are 26 lbs. I'll weigh the old ones once the tires are off them. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #734
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      dayton, oh
      Posts
      952
      still... for $15k... that's one HELL of a machine. nicely done.
      dave.t
      86 Olds 442 - Project If It Ain't Broke, Take It Apart and Fix It
      74 Javelin AMX - stocker

    15. #735
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      new braunfels, tx
      Posts
      545
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Someone wanted weights on the new wheels. The 11" are 22lbs and the 13" are 26 lbs. I'll weigh the old ones once the tires are off them. Ron
      thank you ron!

      man those are great weights; and $2900 for true monoblock wheels??? freakin' sweet.

      looking forward to future pics/vids.

    16. #736
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      Fallston, MD
      Posts
      564
      Ron I saw the wheels today At harford tire They were stacked almost up to my chin. I'll be up to go for a ride soon.
      Brian Schein

    17. #737
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah Brian they are crazy looking aren't they.Did get them mounted, and weighed the old wheels 10"-23lbs 12"-25lbs.Now that the car is on the ground,the front wheels do clear the control like John at CCW said they would.I would really like to put 315's on the front,but BFG doesn't make that size in this pattern.The 275's are really bulged on the 11" wheels.Can't wait to get it out and see how the brakes feel.Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    18. #738
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      dayton, oh
      Posts
      952
      uhhh.... pics!?
      dave.t
      86 Olds 442 - Project If It Ain't Broke, Take It Apart and Fix It
      74 Javelin AMX - stocker

    19. #739
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the car pushed out for a few picks.Got the grill in it the thing ,not sure if I like it or not.Still need to paint the hood. Ron







      Ron Schwarz

    20. #740
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      I liked the car before, but the new wheels look so much better. The car looks more balanced with them. The brakes up front are huge!
      Stephen

    Page 37 of 121 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com