Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 75 ... LastLast
    Results 481 to 500 of 2412
    1. #481
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Motorcity, Canada
      Posts
      292
      Looks great! Things are really starting to fall into place now!
      Craig
      1968 Torino GT 4.6L S/C T56 IRS x2
      www.twintorino.com

    2. #482
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Down to the last things before fire up,some wiring and this fuel pump that I've been dancing around along time.Finally fabbed it up and powder coated it last night.Used a cheap circle track Jegs cell in the powder coated can with the Ebay Walbro 255 fuel pump.Fabbed a new top with the reservoir,filler, and wiring.The whole set up cost about $375.Pretty tight space wise,should fire it up tonight or tommorrow.Ron
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Ron Schwarz

    3. #483
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      199
      Country Flag: United States
      Good luck!
      Travis

      1968 Mustang Coupe WideBody
      1968 Barracuda Formula S Sold 10/10/10

      My Barracuda.
      It's more than just an old car,
      It's my one freedom.

    4. #484
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      iceland
      Posts
      1,859
      Country Flag: Iceland
      Looks great



    5. #485
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally fired the LS1 for the first time runs great, the Ram hydraulic throw out bearing is leaking out of the bellhousing though. So I'll pull the trans back out tommorrow.Sometimes I hate aftermarket parts!!! Engine has the Z06 cam in it, and is no where near lopey enough, even with open headers, smooth as silk. I'll see how it runs once the clutch is fixed and maybe upgrade the cam to something more aggressive. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    6. #486
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      333
      other than engine problems, there is nothing worse than firing up a new engine and having clutch issues. That's happened to me 3 times. I hate pulling trannies. One time I didn't secure the braided lines to the T/O and sliced them right open the first time it fired.

      That's funny about the cam, I've spent my whole hot rodding career trying to get a mellower idle. 15" vacuum is about as rough as I like.

    7. #487
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Pulled the trans yesterday,found brand new Ram throwout bearing with fluid running right through it.Man that cheeses me off,after spending an hour to be sure it was shimmed properly.I never even had the pedal hooked to the master cylinder yet,so I know it wasn't overextended.

      Its funny Preston that engine, with that cam and heads is GM rated at 405 hp,but to hear it run you'd think it was a Ford Escort.I'm hoping with the proper tune,I can get 400 rwhp out of it. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #488
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Finally fired the LS1 for the first time runs great, the Ram hydraulic throw out bearing is leaking out of the bellhousing though. So I'll pull the trans back out tommorrow.Sometimes I hate aftermarket parts!!! Engine has the Z06 cam in it, and is no where near lopey enough, even with open headers, smooth as silk. I'll see how it runs once the clutch is fixed and maybe upgrade the cam to something more aggressive. Ron

      Any ideas on cam selection i got the same problem,
      a stock 2001 zo6 motor with a Kinsler fuel injection that needs a cam.
      http://www.roadkillerkustoms.com/wp-...maro-motor.jpg

      Just would not be right to open the hood an see this purring like a kitten

      Oh ya ! get that thing done a bring it to The Ga Bash
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=53213

      Let me know if i can help in any way. I really like this car!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    9. #489
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      It will be ready for your event Dave.That reminds me I need to make some reservations.

      I've got a 6.0 setting on an engine stand for my Camaro,new L92's and a big Crane cam setting on the shelf for it.Its everything I can do to keep myself from slamming it in that Mustang.But that wouldn't be a budget Mustang now would it,besides its the new parts that have been kicking my ass,all the used junk has performed flawlessly{at least so far}.Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #490
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      Glad to see you have it running

      The aftermarket TO bearing must be terrible. Had a friend do a trans for a guy and a brand new one did exactly the same thing. Can you not use a GM unit?

      I am running a 230-230 on a 110 lsa with .598 lift and a few other things including heads to make 425 at the wheels. I have it idling at 950 but if I take it down to 650 it sounds real mean. If I remember correctly there is a cam that people would run if they were doing a cam only. I think it is a comp grind like 224 on a 112 with .550 lift. May want to give them a call. The Z06 heads flow well out of the box and you may be able to get away with a little more cam than the 224.

      I can appreciate the budget thing, but I sure would like to see the other motor in there.

    11. #491
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Beleive me Payton,when the new throw out bearing comes on Wed. and I get a chance to beat on the car.If I'm not satisfied with the performance of whats in there,I can change that engine in about 4 hrs,its real easy with the way the front end comes off.That Z06 cam might be good for AutoXing though,alot of low end pull.The bad part is the Camaro 6.0, blowproof and TKO600,keep calling my name,its been taking all my willpower to look away.LOL Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #492
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      I almost forgot to mention

      The hot cam to run with one of those "maggie" blowers is the very same one that you have now. The lobe seperation on that thing is like 115.

      I am guess the car will scoot being what? 2900 lbs.

    13. #493
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The car was 2750 dry,but with a full tank of fuel and my 210 lbs in it,she will probably be about 3100 lbs.I'm thinking about a turbo setup,but I really need to debug the rest of the car first.I've still got alot of prettying to do before Georgia,car looks pretty mean though.
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #494
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      It will be ready for your event Dave.That reminds me I need to make some reservations.

      I have 20 rooms reserved right now. i will have a link up as soon as i talk to the manager again



      I've got a 6.0 setting on an engine stand for my Camaro,new L92's and a big Crane cam setting on the shelf for it.Its everything I can do to keep myself from slamming it in that Mustang.But that wouldn't be a budget Mustang now would it,besides its the new parts that have been kicking my ass,all the used junk has performed flawlessly{at least so far}.Ron
      I know the feeling. LOL!! I must resist, I must resist.LOL!!

      I cant wait to see this thing, its one of my fav. builds.
      It will be good to see you guys again.
      Last edited by David Sloan; 03-17-2009 at 05:31 PM.
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    15. #495
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally drove the car for the first time tonight,kind of looked like a dunebuggy.Felt good to finally have it move on its own power.Time to start making it look good.Ron
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #496
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      2,200
      Country Flag: United States
      sweet!
      Colin Russ

    17. #497
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Dallas, Ga.
      Posts
      439
      lookin good Ron. How did she run?
      Tommy Parker

      1973 Camaro- fast burn 385, FAST EFI, Bowler 700R4, Hotchkis,Baer, Forgeline SP3P's, completed 2007, updated 2010
      1972 Camaro-Project Fool's Gold- LD 3-link,DSE sub-frame,C6 Z06 brakes,TKO 600, LS2 stroked to 402, Forgeline, in progress

    18. #498
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Runs great Tom,weather was kind of crappy around here,didn't get to really beat on it.Homemade mufflers sound pretty good,but man is that ZO6 cam mild sounding.My pickup sounds more radical then this thing,feels pretty snappy though.Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    19. #499
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      Woot!

      You have to be all jacked up about finally driving it!

      So are you leaving the motor the way it is or are you going to do a quick cam change?

    20. #500
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      For right now it will stay the way it is. I've got alot of prettying up to do, but I definitly see a cam swap in its future.Maybe some turbos too.Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 75 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com