Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 13 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Results 241 to 260 of 2412
    1. #241
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      1,027
      carpet, it don't need no stinkin carpet
      killer ron,

    2. #242
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Posts
      7
      I say no carpet and mount the gauges on the roll bar where the dash would be. It looks awesome.

    3. #243
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,170
      Country Flag: United States
      thats cool just the way it is. may need some sort of texture for anti-skid, though.

      Michael
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    4. #244
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      501
      Country Flag: United States
      Since this is a budget build, spray the interior floor with Bed liner. I think you can get colors other than black now.

    5. #245
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795

      I drove my car around with dyna mat

      for about 2 weeks waiting for the interior guy. Even with that stuff down I could not carry on a conversation with the person riding with me. It was really loud inside with the sound bouncing all around, made my head ring after about 30 minutes of driving.

      I like the race car look, just know you are going to have the race car sound as well.

      On a side note, my car has been flawless after removing the tensioner. Thanks again for the help!

    6. #246
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      Maybe use some lightweight indoor-outdoor carpeting. Seems to do a decent job of cutting down on the noise level inside.


      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

    7. #247
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I've been crazy busy at work,but finally got some time to build and install the tubs,went crazy big with the tubs,because there was no interior restrictions,finally got a grasp on what I am doing with the flares,as soon as these tubs are finished,I'll finish the flares and quarters.Hoping they turn out as good as I'm picturing in my head.Ron


    8. #248
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      25
      Ron,
      I just can't get enough of this thing! Awesome work!!

    9. #249
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Maybe I missed this, but how are you hanging the mody on the frame. The inside o the sill plate looks to be a flat vertical surface- What rests on what, and how are you planning to secure the cody to frame?



    10. #250
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover
      Maybe I missed this, but how are you hanging the mody on the frame. The inside o the sill plate looks to be a flat vertical surface- What rests on what, and how are you planning to secure the cody to frame?
      I attached it along the rocker pinch welds.It was alittle tricky because the body was three inches wider at the rear of the rocker pinch welds then at the front.I had to break an 1/8" stip of steal the length of the rocker at a 90 degree angle sheared at a taper{1 1/2" down to nothing}Welded to the frame,then plug welded to the rockers top and bottom.I also attached the cage to the windsheild frame and rear pillars and of course the tubs and firewall floor plug welded to the frame.Hope this was helpful.Ron

    11. #251
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool. Thanks for the detail. I saw the hat section pictures 32-42, didn't get how it fit together

    12. #252
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      292
      whats the word! its been a while and i'm anxious to see updates!

    13. #253
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ill steez
      whats the word! its been a while and i'm anxious to see updates!
      Me Too!!!!
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    14. #254
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      308
      Me three!!!
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

    15. #255
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I've had a pile of family stuff to do,just about caught up,its funny tonight was the first time of even looked at the car in a while.The one rear door post was rotted beyond repair,I just replaced it tonight with one off a doner car.Its funny before RTTH,none of this little stuff was important,I just wanted to make it mobile.But since I didn't make it,I figured I might as well fix all this stupid crap that will make it a much nicer car.This weekend I should do the final welding on the rear flares{I'll post some pics then}Ron

    16. #256
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      hemicuda-

      This whole build has me thinking about my next project. Screw spending 7-8K on pretty tin, then spending another 10K on powertrain and 5k on iterior. Get a $500 hull, build the frame, cut the floor out of an existng car (like to 93 explorer rusting behind the barn), build the firwall from a piece of flat stock.

      There will always be a place for cars like Penny, TrackRat, & Motiv8er. There needs to be stars to shoot for. I think they're beautiful, and appreciate the sacrifice and resources invested in them.

      But for something more streetfighter than prizefighter, I think you've really nailed it. Ebay suspension, junkyard shell, simple powerplant. Shure it will have scars and a califlower ear or two, but Damn! This is kind of the rat rod of PT. Something really visceral about it. Screw convention, just get it to go fast and make noise. This is the stuff that Hot Rods were, and should be, made of.

      Picked up a pad of 11 x 17 graph paper last night, along w/ a circle template and straightedge. I've selected the car model I'd use, and the cars I need to dispose of to get this thing started (had to do SOME horse trading with the SigOth). Even if I never complete this, or even start it, you have inspired me to look at PT cars in a whole new light. Thanks for that.

      Think we get caught up in the 50-70K cars- not many of us can afford those- but if you can build a 5-7K car that will give those cars a run, you've accomplished something

    17. #257
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks,I appreciate the interest in this pile.But ask Steve Rupp ,Larry or anyone else with a high end peice on this board,nice cars are a bitch.Maintaining them,cleaning them,even parking them can sometimes be an event.Don't get me wrong,I love them,I've owned them.I have a high end 68 Camaro now,that is ready for me to spray,for some reason Mustang grunge keeps winning out.It really has been the most fun build I've ever done.Who knows,I may pretty it up one day,but for now,its old school race car all the way.Ron

    18. #258
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Just subscribed to one of those picture programs,I'll try and gather up all my Mustang pics and stick them in here http://57hemicuda.smugmug.com/galler...01614361_3Jfac

    19. #259
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally got the rear flares made,but I can't attach them until I get the exhaust exits figured out.I'm having a hell of a time building something that is as large as I want it to be,but not look stupid,because I usually don't like side exhaust.I think I've desided on 4" pipe split down the middle with a 1" peice of flat bar welded in making it an oval,with a 3" pipe inside it,with the same treatment,I'm going to have to look at it some before I weld it all in.What do you think? Ron


    20. #260
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, Tx
      Posts
      340
      So if this is existing at an angle it will be elliptical? I know your cut and widening will make it elliptical but the angle would increase that right? It think it could be a nice piece. I would finish it in a way that would not draw your eye to it. Like black rocker panels and black exhaust. Just my 2c.

    Page 13 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 113 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com