Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 2412

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Sarasota, Fl
      Posts
      1,717
      Nifty project, and a great concept. Not to be critical, but I do wonder if you'll actually be able to pull it off for under $5000 if you include all the bits and bobs that usually end up adding at least several hundred (if not thousands) to a project... stuff like lines, fittings, hoses, hardware, metal, etc. I always collect up my random receipts from trips to Autozone, Schucks, Home Depot, etc. every month and somehow find that I've spent $50 on stuff I don't even notice or remember.

      BTW, I do think you should go all Ford. If you want cheap power and cheap parts, go with a used late model EFI 5.0 or 5.8 and do a junkyard turbo kit (a couple used T3s and piping and a couple extra boost switched injectors). You should be able to source a good motor $500, do a quicky rehab (bearings and rings) $100, home port the heads for $50, flip the manifolds $0, get a couple T3 flanges $50, and a couple used T3s or IHIs $120, and a cheap IC and piping kit $150. You should be able to get it done for under $1200 including some unexpecteds and it should be able to put down some decent power (350+) fairly easily. Just a thought...






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com